• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ansmann mad monkey kit

danny boy

Its roughly the same motor and ESC that comes in the BSD 1/10 buggy, the box says the BSD motor is a 13T 3200kv or something

Its fast enough on 3s, you need to change the fan tho to use it on 3s

Its roughly the same motor and ESC that comes in the BSD 1/10 buggy, the box says the BSD motor is a 13T 3200kv or something

Its fast enough on 3s, you need to change the fan tho to use it on 3s

Cool what fan would I need? Where in Kent you from?

gaz you know what gearing you would need to run it in a madrat/monkey?

i think i used a 19t pinion with the standard spur, that ran a 60amp esc and 8.5t motor and it was stupid fast. lowest it can take is 18 (i think) unless you change the spur.

that 13t above should make the rat/monkey quite fast as theres not a deal of weight in it to start with.

ok, just ordered the Madmonkey kit, another question,

Are the majority of parts the same on the rat and the monkey? is it just the motor position that is differant?

• 2 years later...

bears make the world of difference bud.

more speed, less drag and longer run times from the battery

i thought they wouldnt make an once of difference but once i did one model the rest where done within a couple of weeks they were that good!

I agree - any car benefits from having bearings, I bought the Mad Monkey kit and put bearings in from the off, bought my nephew a RTR Mad rat, made a huge differance to that when I replaced the bushings with bearings.
Next step is to put in a Brushless system, a low end one is fine as on a 3s lipo my Monkey is almost uncontrollable.