• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/8 Hyper Delta Integrale!

Dom C

Well today was exciting, Whilst driving round the garden the hyper decides to go flat out into a bench and smashed the bench over which landed on the shell resulting in this.

photo_3_%2812%29.JPG

My guess is the RX was at fault as it kept going dodgy at nunroyd (last time i ran it) didin't ever break a arm which i find amazing! Broke a body post and the rear brace snapped off but that was all the damage.

It appears the rx wire got chewed up in the driveshaft dog bones thing which caused it do go flat out.

• 5 months later...

Well today i decided its about time i stripped and rebuilt the old girl, So i startred with the front end first i rebuilt the diff with 7k oil and then fitted a nut and bolt kit that i bought over a year ago to replace the annoying e clips.

Then i decided to do the centre diff (with 10k oil) as it was pretty much dry! Whilst having most of the stuff off the chassis i thought id have a go at wrapping the chassis in cf vinyl to cover the nitro holes and to match the already wrapped servo tray, front brace and centre brace. :) I also re wrapped the servo tray so that the weave was in the same direction, anal i know! :xd::thumbsup:

normal_DSCF0478.JPG

normal_DSCF0481.JPG

Looks pretty mint if i may say so myself. :D I then decided to have a go at wrapping the side guards however because they're so curvy and have lots of bits sticking out it didn't look very good so i decided to paint them black instead, just waiting for the second coat to dry and then ill stick them on.

Next jobs too do are rebuild the rear end, Rebuild all shocks with stiffer springs, sort new bushings out for the steering as i lost one a few weeks ago and ill probably add some shock socks.

Thanks Mate

Today I had a go at the rear end (no joke intended) cleaned it with GT85 and filled the diff with 5k oil. Then i bolted it back onto the rest of the chassis.

normal_DSCF0483~0.JPG

Final thing to do is fit the ESC and Receiver (which is in my SC atm) i have ordred the steering parts so they will be fitted soon. Also i might order some black shock socks.

• 7 months later...

Well the jam took its toll on the hyper making it look like this. 

photo_1_%2896%29.JPG

It stood like that intill recently when I jet washed it and started the rebuild replacing lots of bearings etc and I finishing it this morning. :) 

photo_2_%2895%29.JPG

Sadly she's been stripped of her electrics as they are now in other cars. However once I have some monies I'm going order either a 2700kv ez run or a tenshock combo. :) 

• 2 months later...

Big update on this! Ordered this shell over 8 weeks ago now and it's finally arrived. (chased them up a couple of weeks ago) From the same supplier I also got some wheels that are pretty close to the Evo wheels. :) 

Need to get it mounted up but should look pretty awesome when done. :)

photo_1_%2811%29~0.JPG

Next to my 1/10 Tamiya Delta. lol

photo_2_%2811%29~0.JPG

photo_3_%285%29~0.JPG

Biggest issue I had with mine was the rear suspension travel. Was too soft and the wheels kept hitting hte shell.

I cured it by using clone 1/5 springs on the stock hyper shock bodies. Allowed it to run flat and not squat at the back.

I need to fit a set of onroad wheels on mine for the tarmac stages next :)

Biggest issue I had with mine was the rear suspension travel. Was too soft and the wheels kept hitting hte shell.

I cured it by using clone 1/5 springs on the stock hyper shock bodies. Allowed it to run flat and not squat at the back.

I need to fit a set of onroad wheels on mine for the tarmac stages next :)

Yeah your thread shall be rather helpful, mine is only 1mm thick I think so will have to make sure it's properly protected etc. :) How did it handle with the shocks like that? 

Handling was OK with stiff rear shocks. I left the front standard.

I also added a couple of thickish skid plate/bumper assemblies. These bottom out and prevent the sheels hitting the shell even on full compression.

Handling isn't so hot on very bumpy surfaces....but it at least runs like a proper car, rather than squatting badly as it did before. The hard part was balancing the springing with the ride-height.

I cracked a wheel arch on the first run....so take the time to shoe-goo the insides of the wheel arches. Mine was the thicker 1.5mm lexan too.