• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Monkey's Hyper ST Pro brushless build

bodgemonkey

This thing could actually do with a wheelie bar now though. You guys saw how easy the car would lift the front wheels and that was with no shock oil in the rear and rubbish batteries!

• 1 year later...

So erm.....yeah this is going to happen.

IMG_20140608_130338_zps5rckf0ku.jpg

IMG_20140608_130607_zpspyz5aazw.jpg

Just doing some basic sketches to makes some adaptors for FG wheels to bolt onto 8mm axles.

• 2 weeks later...

Adaptors should be done pretty soon. Got the wheels all trued and also threaded the wheels to the nut thread. They weigh 245g each with the reinforcing rings and 210g without so I should be able to save a fair bit of weight on my rulux/badlands combo which come in at 315g each. 420g less rotational mass should mean that it'll accelerate quicker and therefore I should be able to gear up???

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely done, monkey. Re your wheel weight query, theoretically yes, you could gear up having a lower rotational mass. Usual caveat of temp checking applies of course ;)

Temp checking for me usually involves hwo long I can hold my finger on the can until I get burnt. Josh1A1H did that on my old LST2 ezrun motor when it was over 110 degrees celcius :rofl:

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

No idea, I found it at the market years ago!

i bought some fresh batteries for this last week and have been messing about with it. Took it up to a quarry in Hatfield and gave it a damn good thrashing. Possibly cooked the motor as it's pretty overgeared for it. 19/46 with a 2150, so I'll be grabbing a 1900kv when funds allow.