• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

I guess quite a few people on here are running brushless firestorm's?

What sort of set up are you using suspension wise?

I am running with a brushless set up on a 3s battery and its difficult to get any sort of power down without it flipping even with a wheelie bar......

I have my spring rate soft on the rear at the shocks mounted on the outer most setting on the shock tower but still i get lift and over it goes. I also have my slipper backed off quite a lot.

I guess quite a few people on here are running brushless firestorm's?

What sort of set up are you using suspension wise?

I am running with a brushless set up on a 3s battery and its difficult to get any sort of power down without it flipping even with a wheelie bar......

I have my spring rate soft on the rear at the shocks mounted on the outer most setting on the shock tower but still i get lift and over it goes. I also have my slipper backed off quite a lot.

How loose is your slipper? The manual says 6 turns out which seems to work for me. Other than that, go easy on the throttle trigger or run 2s

I aways use steel pinions. I got through 2 spurs and pinions before realising that the screws on the motor end cap had pulled through causing the shaft move on heavy landings. This is a new motor so I've no idea what caused these to strip but the spur is completely melted and the teeth on the pinion are badly chewed up.

Another awesome morning bashing today. Stripped the spur and another pinion though :(20150508_111124_4922_zps0x589s5p.jpg

Somthing has to be wrong with your gear box or slipper. You might want tk loosen the slipper a little to take a bit of the strain off the gears (if that's the right way round lol)

Somthing has to be wrong with your gear box or slipper. You might want tk loosen the slipper a little to take a bit of the strain off the gears (if that's the right way round lol)

You might be right about the slipper being the cause. I set it up on tarmac but have been bashing on loose, dusty gravel. I'll back it off a little next time I'm out.

What do people think to having a hpi firestorm club website

Already done that, it was busy for a while but people preffered general forums like this one.

be nice to have all the information in one place. 

There's stacks of info in this thread

• Like 1

We'll i've indexed a lot of the usefull stuff and there's always the search feature. Like I said I did a firestorm forum before and it didn't prove that popular as it was specifically geared to one model.

Edited by stretch
  • Like 1