• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

Not sure if anyone can help but I've lost all drive on my car (was working OK last run).

The Batteries are def charged, the wheels move right and left as they should but applying the throttle nothing happens...there is a slight odd wirring noise from the servo so not sure if thats playing up, but not sure why that would effect the drive.

Any ideas/suggestions?

do the lights on the esc change when pushing/pulling the trigger? have you check wiring?

lights green on the esc, changes to red when i pull the trigger, just checking wiring now...looks OK.

have you tried rebinding?

trying to do that, looking at the instruction it might have gone into 'fail safe' mode, as the esc is now constantly flashing red, however turns green when applying the throttle (nothing happens though)...struggling to get it working again.

I balance charged it, I've moved forward slightly..I now have throttle, but no reverse!

With the wheels off the floor if I put full throttle then apply the brake, it definitely brakes...but no reverse!

Could it be the Transmitter thats dodgy?

you may need to program reverse as there options ie forward only, forward & reverse etc

have you setup the end points ie, pulling on trigger, pushing forward on trigger then neutral etc?

Edited by stretch

I think I've fixed it.

It was the throttle trim, changed it slightly and the led is orange rather than red in the neutral position, I think before even in the netural position It was applying brake/effecting something.....no sure how it got altered, prob my 5 year old!

Seems to be working now anyway, thanks for your advice stretch.

Just putting in an order for parts as the spur is a bit noisy from where the motor slipped and took the top off the gear, but otherwise works fine - a testament to how much this car just wants to work! Whilst I'm at it, which are the better tyres for all-round bashing? Badlands or the Geolandar's?

you looking at 2.8 badlands? they are big and a couple of people reported grip roll with them and due to their size will need to look into heat issues/gearing ie down to about 17t pinion. Gladiators are a good choice or dirt hawg, i've never changed front tyres as they only do steering duties.

Ah definitely don't want any more heat, it's running really hot only on 2s. :( I think I'll go for the Dirt Hawgs then, as long as they offer more grip than the stock rears.

Edited by Mmmmays

Just a question, does anybody else get rear wheel wobble? When running I can handle it at low speed but when flat out on 3s at 40 plus I presume it can't be doing the rest of the car any good :o

There is a loud noise from the wheels when it happens aswell so it's not very smooth when at full speed, it could be bearings in the wheel hub as the axles are the problem and having a wheel on the end just exaggerates this problem, however it has always been like this, the shafts are very loose and I have put fuel tubing in the outdrives which lessens the wobble quite a bit so is this the main cause?

Any advice appreciated :-)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

@Relativenewbyseb Have you been in any water lately?

Will these wheels go straight on to the firestorm? Realised tonight that I've managed to really buckle one side (need to stop sliding it into curbs!) and don't fancy gluing tyres myself, unless it's better to?

Edited by Mmmmays

@Relativenewbyseb Just thinking there might be some water trapped in the foams. 

@alex97 Yeah gathered it wouldn't be too hard, but don't have any glue. Plus as I say, one of the rear's has a real wobble to it! Cheers for confirming they'd fit though, hopefully they'll be a bit stronger than the stock wheels too.

Ok yeah I see what you mean, I guess they still possibly could be, I know I had to move one of my wheels to the front as it was so unbalanced, turned out there was a hole in the tyre somehow and some of the foam had come out, don't know how I managed it though! Haha

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

well put my firestorm on my 3s 4000mah 45c pack yesterday and well what a difference in speed it is! jesus i thought it would make a difference but lordy its extremly quick,have to slowly add the power gradually as the speed increases (dont think i managed full power more than once or twice) anymore and it just either wheelies massively or it just flips on to its roof and skids for quite a distance!haha (think a new shell and shell mounting posts arent far off!haha

is it worth getting a wheelie bar for these cars or? any recomended ones or do peoplpe just go with the hpi one or?

Edited by Mr_Ambrosius

tbone wheelie bar is the best one to get if you've got the rear bumper as fixes to that. thers a link to it and fitting guide on first page.

Edited by stretch