• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Savvy!

dazzi220

Two q's Mel,

is there any reasone for the purple engine block apart from looks?

whats the purple fuel pipe strapped to the chassis for? (where the tank goes)

Yeah it is the hpi heavy duty engine block and it is supposed to cool the 4.6 a bit better than the standard one and the bit of fuel pipe was because i always crack the tank on the tvp after a bad landing so the bit of fuel pipe just gives it a bit of protection :)

yeh it is a bit on the longs side

btw, when u come to drilling the holes before painting make sure u allow space between the front of the shell and the bumper for the screw on body bumper,

apparently its common for peeps to drill the holes then come to realise when they screw the bumper to the shell it won't fit

good choice luke ita a smart shell

ok i guess u never seen a real el camino?

typical to most muscle cars the front bumper is a big chrome thing, anyway with regards to the shell the turbo mount and front bumper are on a separate peice of poly, you spray them seperately, cut them out and screw them on.

Like I said when you fit the shell on to mark the holes you have to leave space for the bumper or you can simply do what I did - spray and cut the bumper first,cut the shell,screw on the bumper THEN mark the holes and paint the shell.

jus thought its worth a mention cos wen I got my el camino I read on other forums how peeps had messed it up and were unable to mount the shell or put new holes in cos they'd be too close to the original holes they drilled (not leaving enough space for the bumper) LOL its not difficult,its easy but worth a heads up - simply mistake to make

lol I'm crap at explaining things

spray/cut bumper > cut body > mount bumper > drill holes

the turbo mount can be done last, u just screw it to the top

sorry about the pics

dscf06477wz.jpg

like you said the shell is extra long and the bumper is pointed so it sticks out a bit

dscf06491gf.jpg

whats colour(s) you thinking of?

EDIT: keep checking back lol the pics are there, something up with imageshack

hmmm. still not compleatly sure what your saying matey lmao. write us out a step by step, im sure itl sudenly fall in place with my dense brain.

going simple with jet black all over bar obvious things(bumper etc) with two white stripes down the middle.