• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 810 RTR

Hi guys,

First off all thanks to this thread I just bought my 2nd off-road rc and guess what it is... The Losi 810. I have a few questions though. Has anyone replaced the stock clutch? I've heard a few problems about this and are recommending the m2c one. Also, I can't seem to find anywhere to get any spares or hopups (10T as well) here in the UK. Any suggestions where? Lastly, anyone using a hump pack for the receiver?

Thanks.

Ive heard the m2c clutch is fine but its made and distributed by a small company in the states, see the problems there?

I'm currently in the (slow) process of trying to get a losi 8ight clutch setup to work in the 810 so I can get replacement parts easily and get better wear than the cheap plastic stock clutch. All I need to know now to complete it is a spur, so if anyone can tell me the general sizes of the 8ight spur (screw hole centres, overall diameter, centre hole diameter etc etc) I would be really grateful and I'll be able to put my how too guide on here :whistling:

Stripped the centre diff gear. Was breaking in the buggy on pavement on my 3 tank when I got it started it would not move and started reving. When it finally moved it made a really weird sound so had a look and found out the stripped gear.

Anyone has an idea what caused this. Was not even up to half throttle just enough to make it move.

Here are some photos:

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Edited by Mulds

motor must have moved or a stone jamed it up mate :confused:

Stripped the centre diff gear. Was breaking in the buggy on pavement on my 3 tank when I got it started it would not move and started reving. When it finally moved it made a really weird sound so had a look and found out the stripped gear.

Anyone has an idea what caused this. Was not even up to half throttle just enough to make it move.

Here are some photos:

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Thanks for that Johnny

The clutch bell did seem tight when I removed it. It should spin freely shouldn't it? But if that was the problem, why didn't it happen on the first time I ran the car?

yeh it should be quite free, it probably wouldnt do it on the first run as it was still new, but after a run or so it would have weakened and then just given in and stripped. had it happen on my old tmaxx because the mesh was too tight, was ok for a few runs and then eventually stripped

im not sure if you mesh a nitro the same way you do an electric, but maybe look for a few tips on how to mesh so that it doesnt do it again :good:

was it new?

Yeah it's brand new. I'm still learning as quite new to the hobby. I should have checked it really before I started. I have loosened it up and is moving freely. So just waiting for the part to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Another unsuccessful bash with friends yesterday, apart from having to replace a plug everytime my car stops (6 in one session) one fella let his nine year old son play with his baja which resulted in said baja trying to mate with my Losi :angry:

2980e9e4.jpg

Is that the wing completely been ripped off? i hate it when that happens as you cant really ask them to pay for repairs but on the other hand why should you have to pay for their mistake....

as for the blowing plugs, have you played with the carb settings at all? try putting them back to factory settings and see if it stops....

Yes mate the wing was ripped off and the rear shock tower is bent quite badly...as for the plugs blowing I've tried everything ,tuning, different plugs/fuel, sealing the engine.

I think it's too much compression cos the coil is messed up everytime but I don't know how to correct it.

c96c2c42.jpg

That shock tower and wing isn't looking too happy! I got to change the axle carrier on the front right of my Losi after a slight incident with a certain other individual......:P

lol, if i had caused the crash then i would have happily given you some money towards fixing it, but because it was down to you not being able to drive i chose to just laugh :P get it fixed for the weekend so i can break it again lol

• 5 months later...

Was wondering how the other guys 810s are holding up....I finally sorted the plug problem buy using a R5 OS plug which has lasted quite well and the 8ight clutch/flywheel/spur transplant has worked flawlessly since I installed it months ago.

Hope everyone else is enjoying it as much as me.