• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Temporarily need an rc car

G.A.A

This is not a request for a RC car donation.

I have been volunteered to run something for my place of study's comic relief day, its a day when all sorts of money raising things get put on and the money raised is donated to comic relief. A teacher wants me to organise an event whereby students pay to have 5 laps around a track with an rc car timed and then the winner (one with the shortest time) gets a small prize. There is a small area in the courtyard which can be closed of and forms a natural "track" but the problem is I need an rc car to do it with. Ideally a bullet proof Tamia that would have a reasonably decent chance of lasting the day no matter what they crash it into. I do not own one and have not the money to afford one. Does anyone know where a car can be obtained/hired/otherwise gotten hold of. I can't think of a solution and I'm considering telling him it's a no go. Suggestions welcome.

You might be able to find someone who is willing to let you rent a car from them on here? Depends where you are in the country. If you maybe post if the surface is bumpy etc. If want nitro or electric (electric is your best bet) cover if you want an on or off road car. Let us know where you are and I would be surprised if people wouldnt lend them selves to it for possibly a small fee to cover costs or such. Just post and see what happens, it cant hurt.

Maybe even say contact modelsport directly or something see if they will let you use a demo car or something, offer them a sponsorship position with a few banners of theirs etc. They might bite. I mean hell if they sponsor you, you might be able to ask for a discount to get a small prize such as a vouchers or depending on how much money your looking to put into (and if they would give you a discount) maybe like a micro Losi car or something but I think thats rather unlikely but cant hurt to ask.

Contact the RC companies directly, ask them. Explain its for charity. They can sponsor the event and supply the car etc. Companies like HPI etc.

Worth a shot isnt it.

i dont think anyone will lend you a car for beginners to "race"

Purely because the idea is they will be going as fast as possible and damage in inevitable.

Now an idea would be scaletrix, i know not as cool but hay its probably alot easier to get hold of. far safer for the cars etc. Ok the cars will still fly off but generally breaking a car on scaletrix is pretty hard haha

And you can race 2 at a time or more with a better kit, and it can be alot more controlled!

Buy a short course truck. They can stand up to immense abuse :good:

Original question was, "I need to borrow a car for a small area".

How is buying a fairly big car even relevant to the topic? If you can't help, don't post?

Ask your local hobby store if someone can come down for the day and they may let you have a go.

But i dont understand why volunteer if you dont have a car? dont you have any mates with an RC car???