• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Castle usb link or Field link

martin34

Hi guys i am looking into getting one of the above.Is one just as good as the other and do exactly the same thing?I know obviously you have to plug the usb one into your pc and the field one you dont but do they both have the same functions?I am leaning towards the field one as i like the idea of not having to use my pc with it.Thanks for any info.

You get far more programming parameters from the PC method, but the field link is just what its name suggests, it's something you can take anywhere to make simple changes.

Thanks mrclive.the only thing i am realy worried about is upping the lvc cut off?

Thanks mrclive.the only thing i am realy worried about is upping the lvc cut off?

That's not something to worry about, it's something you must do to protect your cells, 3.2 volts is the very minimum it should be set to. If you've set auto cell detect, then you set the individual cell voltage for the LVC, ie 3.2 volts, if you've set the cell count manually, ie 4s, then you set the LVC to the pack voltage, ie, 12.8 volts which is 3.2 volts per cell. Ok?

That's not something to worry about, it's something you must do to protect your cells, 3.2 volts is the very minimum it should be set to. If you've set auto cell detect, then you set the individual cell voltage for the LVC, ie 3.2 volts, if you've set the cell count manually, ie 4s, then you set the LVC to the pack voltage, ie, 12.8 volts which is 3.2 volts per cell. Ok?

Thanks again mate.Its for my flux 2350 and from factory it is set to only 3.0v :confused: .Its a bit of a con having to buy somthing to up it.Would you suggest the usb link or the field link for doing that?