• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

loks awesome jayj, not as keen on the bling rims as the stock white dishs, but i absolutely adore the original lst2 look with the shell you have etc.

all this thread is doing is making want to sort my xxl even quicker, but ross cant be rushed with the chassis work! lol

and kristian i love the gpm bellcranks, any chance of a link?

Edited by creamsodauk

Cheers Kris, have to say I'm really split about the Cheyenne 'locks? I do really like beadlocks but I agree I too really like the look of stock white dish wheels, I have some PL 40 Series 23mm Velocity or Wabash Wheels I might put on instead?

I need to get my XXXL Muggified E-LST finished but what with the ERBE, LST2 and the Flux 2350..................

.........................and now I find this so might have to keep the Muggy after all! :whistling:

cheers for the link.

jay i had seen that chassis before and considered converting the xxl to a muggy but seems a lot of work. however i can see a muggy with that chassis being a real blast around tracks, dusty and grassy areas due to the low cog etc and the super simple layout

E-Converted LST XXL over in Australia...

Time to expand on this...

Original Model LST

Upgraded to XXL Chassis & Diffs (Diffs rebuilt with 20,000 weight oil)

TDRacing Motor Mount

TDRacing Single Speed

FOC - With gear flop

MMM 2200kv Combo - ESC Tuned with Castle Link

Turnigy 4S Nano-Tech Lipo's - 45C-90C

LST -> LST2 Upgrade kit

Proline Moabs

GPM Bell Crank

BAC Steering Link V.2

EC5 Connectors

Suspension Rebuilt - 50w oil all round, Losi black springs

RCM Battery Tray

RCM Mod1 Pinion (22T)

Wing Kit

Wheelie Bar (optional)

New Era Roll Bar (in process of being modded for BL setup)

Std XXL Body

There is undoubtably more parts that have been changed... But the development of this truck has now slowed with the introduction of a new project...

Link to the build thread on LST Forums

AD's E-LST Conversion

Edited by Aussie_Dutch

Heres the new body i painted up this weekend, what do you think!?!? :lol:

P1000651.jpg

P1000650.jpg

P1000649.jpg

P1000654.jpg

P1000655.jpg

I made these two plates out of stainless steel sheet to act as 2 massive washer to sandwich the body. should stop it splitting :good:

DSC00057.jpg

This is what im trying to prevent^^^

Cheers

Thanks guys, the body is a Proline Chevy C10 long bed, fits perfectly! Thanks for all the comments on the plates i made. Just hope they do their job. Aussie, did really think about painting them but i recon they would get really scratched up by the body clip :confused: Ive got some of that carbon fibre vinyl on order ATM so will give that a try when it gets here, if not, ill try polishing them up to a nice sheen :D :D

Hi guys, anyone got a link here I can get the RD Logics suspension arms? Thanks

Honestly Mulds, you'd be better off with RPM A-Arms.

Aluminium bends and unless you XXL is a shelf queen you will end up bending them, A-Arms need to flex.

Just my 2 pence. :whistling:

The only place I can find any stock is JE Spares but the only have one in stock, here. You could call them, maybe they can order some but from what I've heard RPM parts are quite difficult for UK stockists to get in stock.

I'd say go Overdrive RC, you could order RPM A-Arms and anything else you want for your XXL then. Or you could try eBay but JE Spares are again the only UK stockist, unless you want to order from the US. :whistling: