• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

***Vorza owners club***

Jamo

will be getting a vorza in couple months, i hear bad stuff about the shock towers tho (suppose to be as strong as cheese) what are the strongest hopped up towers that people have found from there own experiance? id just like a bit of review from actual owners of a vorza :thumbsup: my 2 main concerns about the vorza are the weak shock towers and the driveshafts, how are people getting on with the stock driveshafts btw :thumbsup:

I think the best place to get stronger shock towers is from Fioroni in Italy, mine arrived in about 10 days:

http://www.modellism...sp?art=OT-UR501

http://www.modellism...sp?art=OT-UR502

As I said in an earlier post the rear one has 3 rows of mounting holes so you can choose between standard or longer (upgrade) rear shocks without changing the tower (see pics):

post-24408-0-34162300-1331301319_thumb.j

post-24408-0-81286800-1331301347_thumb.j

Stock driveshafts are plenty strong enough, i've bent one in 4 months of constant use (every Sunday) but a section of heatshrink tube around the outside of the CVD will prevent the internals going flying in the event of the grubscrew coming loose. The CVDs are also very wear resistant provided you lube them regularly. Just use spray grease from Halfords, there's not really any need to strip the CVD. Even if you run in sand/mud you can just blast them clean with WD40 and then re-lube them.

If you want to upgrade the rear/centre dogbones get onto ebay international and just search for "Hot Bodies D8" where you can find Hara edition D8 driveshafts for less than half the price they are in the UK.

In fact the Vorza is basically an electric D8, almost all the suspension/transmission parts are the same so this is where I get most of my bits these days. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

TBH i've only used them for one Sunday (about 90 mins total runtime) but I crashed several times with no problems, they're nicely machined and 6mm thick so I think you'll have to try quite hard to bend them.

Another thing that helps is cutting open a short section of garden hose and zip-tying it to the top of the front tower, when the car lands upside down this can make the difference the f/tower digging in and bending or just sliding harmlessly. This is a particularly effective mod if you run on astro.

TBH i've only used them for one Sunday (about 90 mins total runtime) but I crashed several times with no problems, they're nicely machined and 6mm thick so I think you'll have to try quite hard to bend them.

Another thing that helps is cutting open a short section of garden hose and zip-tying it to the top of the front tower, when the car lands upside down this can make the difference the f/tower digging in and bending or just sliding harmlessly. This is a particularly effective mod if you run on astro.

thanks bud! 6mm......im sold in that alone, thanks mate :)

good idea on the hosepipe mod buddy! think i will do that too haha :) just need a vorza now :xd:

Well the bumper and skid plate have still not arrived but the weather was too good to hold out any longer at the weekend, so she got her first outing! It was only a 20 minute run on a dusty / gravelly basketball court so not enough of a bash to comment on shock towers or drive shafts but long enough to get a feel!!

I have to say I was a little underwhelmed with the performance on 4s, as although acceleration was OK I didn't think it was all that quick. To be fair I have not played around with the punch control etc on the ESC so that could probably be improved, and if not a gearing change would probably do the trick, however whacking in a pair of 3s turned it into a different beast completely, to the point of being almost uncontrollable!!! I was expecting great things on 6s but it was better than I had expected!

I did have an issue with one of the rear tyres which decided to permanently change shape after the first full throttle blast!! Looks as though the foam has somehow relocated its self inside the wheel, and we did find a small section of tyre that had parted from the rim, so this could be the issue. I will have to coax the tyre off of that rim and re fit it I think, but other than that I had no issues, and was very impressed over all. Build quality and quality of the materials seems to be very good, so much so that I am now seriously considering selling my FG Baja and replacing it with an HPI Baja!

One of the best cars I have owned (and I have had a few over the past 20 years or so!) and it was nice being able to run it where I wanted without having to worry about who I was disturbing, which was the reason I went electric! I love my largescale stuff, but finding somewhere to run it these days is getting tricky, so to have the option of the Vorza is great.

• Like 1

will be getting a vorza in couple months, i hear bad stuff about the shock towers tho (suppose to be as strong as cheese) what are the strongest hopped up towers that people have found from there own experiance? id just like a bit of review from actual owners of a vorza :thumbsup: my 2 main concerns about the vorza are the weak shock towers and the driveshafts, how are people getting on with the stock driveshafts btw :thumbsup:

Bet you can't wait ting :)

Not bent any driveshafts yet but i mainly run it on 4s

thanks bud! 6mm......im sold in that alone, thanks mate :)

good idea on the hosepipe mod buddy! think i will do that too haha :) just need a vorza now :xd:

the fiorinni ones are awful towers, i had a set last less than a day ting, the best ones are tekno ones, iran a sent and only bent one jumping on concrete

http://www.teknorc.c...roducts_id=1060

http://www.teknorc.c...roducts_id=1048

they are only5mm but they are better made, in relation to driveshafts i only had 1 go wrong however my vorza lived on 6s i did replace them with tekno ones http://www.teknorc.c...roducts_id=1173 and again had no issues, no bends no nothing

and don't use wd40 anyway near the shafts it attracts dirt and much and acts as grinding paste use gt85 if anything however i never had to even look at them when i moved to tekno stuff

Edited by norcoforever

Bet you can't wait ting :)

Not bent any driveshafts yet but i mainly run it on 4s

no i cant wait it sucks!!! lol youtube is my best friend lol :(

the fiorinni ones are awful towers, i had a set last less than a day ting, the best ones are tekno ones, iran a sent and only bent one jumping on concrete

http://www.teknorc.c...roducts_id=1060

http://www.teknorc.c...roducts_id=1048

they are only5mm but they are better made, in relation to driveshafts i only had 1 go wrong however my vorza lived on 6s i did replace them with tekno ones http://www.teknorc.c...roducts_id=1173 and again had no issues, no bends no nothing

and don't use wd40 anyway near the shafts it attracts dirt and much and acts as grinding paste use gt85 if anything however i never had to even look at them when i moved to tekno stuff

wow thanks norco mate!!!! tekno it is all the way for the vorza for me then, thanks mate!

dam this list is getting expensive! my msuk order is @

Edited by Tingting44

wow thanks norco mate!!!! tekno it is all the way for the vorza for me then, thanks mate!

when i upgraded mine i did a no expense spared (more or less) lol and the tekno stuff always came out on top, i ran a tekno chassis, tekno driveshafts, tekno brace's, tekno towers and never had any issues and my vorza was treated badly lol but it always came out looking good

DSCN0204-1.jpg

DSCN0205-1.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

0FF572C1.jpg

my vorza is the one that sounds like a rocket, and jumps over the short course trucks

WOW norno!! that is one serious sexy rc lol ! :) have you still got that model! if so you want to sell it haha nah serious it looks wicked! bet that tekno chassis was not cheap!! really like it tho!

WOW! i loved that vid mate!!! id love to go bashing with you guys! some great jumps man and i see your blue vorza jumping over the SC's hahaha :) man why you doing this!!!! i want one now :(

edit, what do u normally run on by the way? 5s?

Edited by Tingting44

WOW norno!! that is one serious sexy rc lol ! :) have you still got that model! if so you want to sell it haha nah serious it looks wicked! bet that tekno chassis was not cheap!! really like it tho!

WOW! i loved that vid mate!!! id love to go bashing with you guys! some great jumps man and i see your blue vorza jumping over the SC's hahaha :) man why you doing this!!!! i want one now :(

edit, what do u normally run on by the way? 5s?

unfortunately i sold it to fund the baja, thankfully i adore the baja more though was a risk, tbh mine lived on 6s and it took it week in week out. the chassis kit is about $140 however does make the car a fair bit lighter =]

http://www.teknorc.com/product_info.php?cPath=106&products_id=1112

thats the one, the one you linked to is the 8t (something you have to be really careful about, i missed it a couple of times)

i do tend to swap and change cars though had it for nearly a year, i got the basic vorza second hand and in a year i broke 3 stock towers, 1 driveshaft and a diff once i had gone tekno i broke one tower landing upside down from around 20ft onto concrete :thumbsup: other than my firestorm its the toughest car i've owned

seriously, it was bomb proof :yes: the vorza is and electric version of the hot bodies D8 (if you want cheap parts search ebay.com for d8, loads of parts cheap) but the hot bodies d8 came in two forms, the stock d8, a buggy and the d8t which is a truggy :thumbsup:

Good looking Tekno kit the norcoforever where did you get that from ;). If you look at norcoforevers conversion you will see I got a brace made up from Dejan to add a bit of strength between the center and rear diff as it still had a bit of flex in it other than that it was bloddy strong. The weakest points I found where the diff cases I always pulled the screws out when bashing that was fixed buy using longer screws with bolts at the end. Here is a few pics:

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

001-37.jpg

And a video at the NLB bash I particually like my barrel role jump:

• Like 2

nice vid mark!! ive seen that vid with the paper copper in loadsssssss lol GREAT STUFF!!

liking your bright vorza mate!! and thanks im taking in all i can on the vorza at the moment, what were the size of the longer screws you had to use then? might aswell get a dozen in from my local hardware store, hopefully wont be more then a quid or 2 :)

bladdy nice backflip at the start too! lol :)

It's never pleasant to admit you're wrong but since I wrote about the Fioroni shock towers this happened:

post-24408-0-00842700-1331819435_thumb.j

post-24408-0-67148000-1331819467_thumb.j

I thought they looked really strong but I suppose at least i'm not the only person to have bought some. On the bright side I got mine direct from Fioroni so they were half the price they would've been from the UK, and they've agreed to replace it FOC when I return this one.

However in light of events I must agree with norco, don't buy these shock towers!!

Tingting, I notice you're only in Southampton, we race 1/8th brushless buggies/truggies on astro at Ashley Heath near Ringwood and have a few members from Southampton/Chandlers Ford. We're there every Sunday weather permitting so come down and get bitten by the racing bug!

Have a look at some pictures here:

http://www.southcoastrc.co.uk/forum/portal.php

It's never pleasant to admit you're wrong but since I wrote about the Fioroni shock towers this happened:

thats exactly what happened to mine, i bought mine from amain and for them to help i was going to have to return them to america which wasn't worth it, i am sorry to see that it happened to you buddy.

I thought they looked really strong but I suppose at least i'm not the only person to have bought some. On the bright side I got mine direct from Fioroni so they were half the price they would've been from the UK, and they've agreed to replace it FOC when I return this one.

However in light of events I must agree with norco, don't buy these shock towers!!

Tingting, I notice you're only in Southampton, we race 1/8th brushless buggies/truggies on astro at Ashley Heath near Ringwood and have a few members from Southampton/Chandlers Ford. We're there every Sunday weather permitting so come down and get bitten by the racing bug!

Have a look at some pictures here:

http://www.southcoas...orum/portal.php

Wowza!! they dont even look like they have been used them towers, thats a shame to see mate but atleast they are replacing them FOC buddy :) they look lovely but just not strong :( thanks mate i am getting tekno all the way now :)

sounds great mate!! ill defo come down for a race when i get my vorza buddy! all ways good to meet new people, i race a lot with the RAW racing guys on facebook, we will defo come to you one weeked tho and maybe you could come to our race day one weekend :)

thats exactly what happened to mine, i bought mine from amain and for them to help i was going to have to return them to america which wasn't worth it, i am sorry to see that it happened to you buddy.

:(

Wowza!! they dont even look like they have been used them towers, thats a shame to see mate but atleast they are replacing them FOC buddy :) they look lovely but just not strong :( thanks mate i am getting tekno all the way now :)

sounds great mate!! ill defo come down for a race when i get my vorza buddy! all ways good to meet new people, i race a lot with the RAW racing guys on facebook, we will defo come to you one weeked tho and maybe you could come to our race day one weekend :)

:(

I also have some Tekno towers on order. Whereabouts is RAW Racing?

Also I saw your question about PayPal, if you have no funds in your PayPal account they just take it from whichever bank account you've chosen when you set up PayPal.