• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mini e revo : project stupid 6s

dlegend

Well in the mean time while I gather bits for siren I have a mini e revo sat in bits on my shelf and an old 1/8th motor so I thought why not let's slap it in and see what happens could be fun right?

While I wait for the diff and new chassis to arrive I'll put it together what i can and upload some pictures tonight

Spec:

Your average mini e revo with brand new rods alloy knuckles and a few other bits

Motor : 1900kv ansmann

ESC : haven't decided something 6s capable

Lipo(s) 2x overlander 25c 1600mah 11.1v (running in series)

Parts on order :

Chassis

Diff and pinon

Rear bulk head (updated version not that it will be any good for this setup lol)

Centre diff

Parts needed

A pinon that will fit a 5mm shaft?? Maybe modify a spare mini e revo spur to fit 50t minimum

That be all until tonight

I suggest you add something under the rear of the motor to support the weight. Mine sits on some double sided sticky pads. I broke my motor mount first time out due to the weight of the motor. Pads have stopped that happening again.

Nah mines from a 1/10 but the sheer weight of it snapped the motor mount the first bump it encountered.

It runs 2s with a 2800kv motor out of a kyosho I had.

Currently geared

40tooth pinion 45tooth spur

Doesn't even get warm and goes like stink.

The only changes of want to make would be to replace the shocks and use stiffer springs.

RCaddict did a beast of a merv on here using some 1/10 tc shocks too, he changed nearly everything but did have his own cnc machine lol. I think it was the ultimate mini erevo or something.