• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Off to sunny Florida!

WreckitRhodey

Right lads, I'm off to sunny Orlando tomorrow and taking a wedge of money over with me to hopefully buy an MST MS01D or Yokomo DIB when I'm over there and post it back over as a gift, has anyone done anything like this before or know anywhere to go looking for them as its my first time over in the states..

I was told this would be a fair bit cheaper than buying over here if it clears customs fine, so like I said any ideas would help out massively gents,

Ps  I am kinda ****ting bricks thinking about flying so far as its only the second time I've been on a plane  :sweatdrop:

I was over there last year and will be again at Xmas :)

theres an RC shop in Pine hills if you can get to it.  other than that I'm unsure where else there is.

You know you can have stuff posted to your hotel? I did this last year :)

This will tell you exactly how much it'll cost.http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/

I forgot to say they also charge you vat on the postage and insurance

i havnt ordered anything from the states for a good while, but how can the goverment charge you value added tax on insurance and post ??? The cheeky ****ing t**ts, i hate how we get bummed in the country for TAX, it really really takes the p*** , is there anything else they will start charging tax on in this country ???? Fresh air tax soon you just watch this space.

Rant over and relax lol

It is a joke, things are so cheap over there. I have to pass up so many deals it's a joke!

Ebay have even got in on the whole ordeal, they have a scheme where you pay it all up front. And make out the shipping is cheaper but it all gets put into the pot.

Cheers gents for the input and yet the whole tax situation over here is a joke I mean as if we don't pay enough on everything anyway lol fuels the joke in my eyes, well I think it's the biggest best organised scam the countries ever seen and I'll wait till I've had a butchers around some of the shops anyway before doing anything

• 3 weeks later...