• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hill climb with the Summit

smeghead28

More of a test of the Gopro than anything.

Went back to one of my favourite locations,Hartlebury common,and spent more than an hour there with the Summit.

Took loads of video,the only "problem" is the files are huge and take forever to upload :)

This was quite a bit steeper than it looks.

Another video.

Going down and up a pretty steep sand bank and then a bit of speed when at the top.

I went into the bush as the car was out of sight at the time :)

Edited by smeghead28
  • Like 1

Never ceases to amaze me how and what a Summit will negotiate :)

Tell me about it.

I kept trying to find difficult bits that I thought it couldn't get up but it did.

Okay,I got a bit stuck at times but then I was asking a bit much of it.

Going along fast is a bit boring now,much prefer to get over the tricky stuff,feels more rewarding :)

Edited by smeghead28

you should try get a side view mounting on it, looks awesome with the suspension travel on the summit, will prob need to weight out both sides aha

Looking at some other mounting options.

I have seen a roof mounted swivel mount.

It is counterweighted to balance with the camera but is free to rotate 360 degrees.

Like this

Now got a side mount as well.

Same method as the roof one,small piece of 6mm MDF on the inside that is screwed to the body and then the Gopro mount is screwed on through both.

Slimmed the Gopro down a bit by taking off the LCD screen and using the smaller housing to reduce the weight.

Doesn't seem to be pulling the car to one side at the moment.

Gopro is pointing down quite a bit but then the truck does tend to squat under acceleration so it should level out a bit more in use.

f4bd65342003114.jpg