• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your bike!

Joshyjol

venom gpv1 mod

IMGP1902.jpg

IMGP1903.jpg

gallery_534_654_133030.jpg

DSC03861.jpg

motoracer

IMG-20121104-00220.jpg

my last kyosho hor

DSC01938.jpg

• Like 2

nice one the vemon looks sweet what sort of gearing you running mate?

currently on 60/15

Very nice R46!

thanks! can't find pic's of my nitro bikes

Bit difficult to compare at the mo as the ARX is running a mech gyro as the electric burnt out. Waiting for the new version to be released.

As for the MM tho, first impression is its a little quicker and easier to position. Steering seems more responsive. Pretty easy to handle.

Build wise, ARX is mostly metal, MM is mostly heavy duty plastic. Both seem very strong tho.

Very pleased with it anyway.

venom gpv1 mod

IMGP1902.jpg

IMGP1903.jpg

gallery_534_654_133030.jpg

DSC03861.jpg

motoracer

IMG-20121104-00220.jpg

my last kyosho hor

DSC01938.jpg

How do you rate your gpv1 mate?

I know of one with mods going cheap.

Sort of tempted.

Edited by Syncro

• 2 weeks later...

Some sweet looking bikes on here...

I got my M5 fast then I though I was going to be able to get it... so heres a pic long with the alloy shocks added... 

IMG_20130427_162353_683_zpsbf6a57bb.jpg

Looking good mate :thumbsup:

just bought an m5 myself and love it they are much better in the flesh than they look on the website.

Edited by tomr

here's mine

M5 bike upgrades so far : front oil shocks,steering damper,revo rear shock,wheelie bar and 2s lipo battery

Sr4 upgrades  : Steering damper and and revo shock

2012_06070001_zps3f179d91.jpg

2012_06070002_zps487d105d.jpg

2012_06070003_zps79b9561c.jpg

Edited by tomr

• 1 month later...

Just a shot of my arx 540 and the mm 450 side by side, the mm is back in business now with a decent brake and steering servo and an external voltage regulator to give more even power delivery and the arx has had its post first run shakedown, it's a nice bit of kit, not as nice as the mm but still good all the same.. Posted Image

• Like 1

Both great bits of kit. I think the ARX just about takes it for me tho.

I like all the metal in the construction.

By the way the super moto conversion is well worth getting. Only takes about 20 minutes to change between the two.

Although, I use a MX rear tyre with the tread worn off. Seems to slide better :)

Edited by Syncro

Both great bits of kit. I think the ARX just about takes it for me tho.

I like all the metal in the construction.

By the way the super moto conversion is well worth getting. Only takes about 20 minutes to change between the two.

Although, I use a MX rear tyre with the tread worn off. Seems to slide better :)

yeah the arx is very nice and for some reason I like the handling better, I partially glued my rears tyre because it was pretty much blowing off the rim at full chat, I'm putting a better motor in there too I've got a 5700kv sirius on the way to pep it up a bit..

What paints did you use on your arx rider Btw? I've got one on the way for my mm 450, the Deegan model is junk imho, he's barely lasted 5 sessions and is missing a foot and has torn his arm off ;)

Bin time!

I bought my ARX off a mate of mine, it was painted when I got it. I would imagine acrylic paint would be fine tho.

Saying that, Iike the colours on the new ARX rider. Being neutral colours it would go with anything unless you want a proper 'team' MX look.

Yeah that's what I figured, I'll get some rattle cans and get to work on him when he arrives, I reckon polycarbonate would be okay also..

• 1 month later...

SO, AS MY ORIGINAL MM450 ENDED UP BEING RATHER WELL 'USED' BY THE GADGET SHOW, VENOM SENT ME A SPANGLY NEW ONE.

null-9.jpg

I'D ALREADY DECIDED THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO RUN THIS AS STANDARD SO I'D ALREADY SORTED THE PARTS INCLUDING A CLEAR BODY SET FOR IT WHILE I WAS WAITING FOR IT TO ARRIVE.

SO, AFTER I'D FITTED SOME UPGRADES (CHAIN TENSIONER KIT, BEARINGS ETC.) I DECIDED TO SORT THE DETAILING AND A DIFFERENT BODY.

AND HERE IT IS.

null-25.jpg

null-28.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

THE KTM RED BULL DECAL SET CAME FROM A GUY IN AUSTRALIA THAT MAKES THEM, VERY GOOD QUALITY THEY ARE AS WELL.

PRETTY PLEASED WITH HOW IT'S TURNED OUT.

• Like 2

SO, AS MY ORIGINAL MM450 ENDED UP BEING RATHER WELL 'USED' BY THE GADGET SHOW, VENOM SENT ME A SPANGLY NEW ONE.

null-9.jpg

I'D ALREADY DECIDED THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO RUN THIS AS STANDARD SO I'D ALREADY SORTED THE PARTS INCLUDING A CLEAR BODY SET FOR IT WHILE I WAS WAITING FOR IT TO ARRIVE.

SO, AFTER I'D FITTED SOME UPGRADES (CHAIN TENSIONER KIT, BEARINGS ETC.) I DECIDED TO SORT THE DETAILING AND A DIFFERENT BODY.

AND HERE IT IS.

null-25.jpg

null-28.jpg

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

THE KTM RED BULL DECAL SET CAME FROM A GUY IN AUSTRALIA THAT MAKES THEM, VERY GOOD QUALITY THEY ARE AS WELL.

PRETTY PLEASED WITH HOW IT'S TURNED OUT.

nice bike, however my eyes are now deaf

Edited by Jack R8