• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hpi mt2 problems

joebickerton

hi all recently got a hpi mt2 cheap as a bargain with loads of spares etc. was running but then started to bog out on full throttle so played with the high speed needle and low which i wish i hadnt of done but now basically it wont start or rev when started unless a lot of nitro is pumped through by pressing the nozzle on the fuel tank then when its used the nitro pushed through it will die and wont rev but when u do force it through u can rev it as if its all normal then just dies :/ it has the tamiya fs-sr18 engine so not the standard one with this model but i wondered if anyone could give a few tips on getting it going properly. ive tried finding out the factory hsn and lsn settings but with no luck. any help welcome thanks

have you tried to richen it up turn the hsn half a turn clockwise and just see if no change turn it half way back and your back as you was so no harm you could also check for fuel line blockages or even the fuel tank and the seals im no expert and dont want to try and look like one but ive been in your boat afew times this year.

last week i had similar problems with ahpi rs4 and i found out closing the hsn fully then opening it 3 turns got it started but stalled on rev so i just closed it 1/8t turn at a time and it started running very well around 2.5 turns open. could always try that too after checking for blockages and leaks.

speaking of spares do you have any spare axles for it?

Edited by RCbutcher

have you tried to richen it up turn the hsn half a turn clockwise and just see if no change turn it half way back and your back as you was so no harm you could also check for fuel line blockages or even the fuel tank and the seals im no expert and dont want to try and look like one but ive been in your boat afew times this year.

last week i had similar problems with ahpi rs4 and i found out closing the hsn fully then opening it 3 turns got it started but stalled on rev so i just closed it 1/8t turn at a time and it started running very well around 2.5 turns open. could always try that too after checking for blockages and leaks.

speaking of spares do you have any spare axles for it?

its all been sorted now had bits of crap in the tank which was going up and blocking the carb. and sorry i dont have any axles