• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rc4wd gelande 2 questions

Evening all , just after picking your Brains really. I have just got a gelande 2 and I am wondering what lipos people are running as I'm aware there is a size issue with them not allowing the body to sit down, also what tx are you all using ? Finally I want some old man emu shocks but not sure what size to get , are the standard shocks 70mm ? I know old man emus come in 70,80 and 90. Sorry for all the questions , thanks Oliver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the same battery in mine too fit good but I used a hacked FS GT3B so had up to 8ch to play with :yes: 

imo I wouldn't get new shocks just green slime the stock ones so they actually hold oil as the g2 is heavy once the battery body and  interior and accessories are on but thats just my opinion 

are you going to do a build thread ?

The only thing I can think of is the drive shaft's as there plastic but saying that I didn't so it's up to you 

but make sure you take the gear box transfer box and axels apart and grease them as RC4WD don't put much in them 

I have been collecting some tips for the Gelande 2 chassis build, after I won a Gelande 2 Cruiser at the scale nats a couple of weeks ago..

The screw heads tend to be quite a sloppy fit on your hex driver, so either have a new or good one, or even an imperial one is a better fit.
  swapping the brass steering knuckle top hats for plastic axial ones will need doing sooner or later.
 The front axle seems on some to need shimming either straight away or not long after so watch out for that mesh.
 CVD's a big bonus for steering.
 SDI drive shafts, scale strong cheap and you'll need to bin the stock ones.
only loctite on the the pumpkin, steering knuckles and drive shafts everything else you here that metal on metal "ting" meaning its tight.
 Build and install all the transmission and transfer before tightening any individual part of that to help it align.
The shimming of the axle is the input shaft. You will notice a fat washer behind the C clip, well on the inside of the axle there is a thin shim on the same shaft. You can swap these two around to create a tighter mesh. You shouldn't need to buy any.

CVD's the upgrade from dog bones currently inside your steering knuckles, they give more steering angle.

5, SDI drive shafts are one length out of the packet, and you cut them with a dremmel to your kits requirements, takes minutes. Ensure you get the 5mm to 5mm as they do different widths at the point you attach them to your cars drive train. www.sdi4x4.com/index.php?id_product=65&c...er=product&id_lang=1