• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's E-Revo

Tingting44

Well, the 4mm bullets they come with are because of a copyright of Deans, they used to come with Deans.

Bullets are good for high current applications but it's easy to make mistakes with them with wiring up wrong etc.

Also if the heatshrink around the bullets on your batteries wears away they can short.

That's the beauty of XT-60's, they are 4mm bullets inside a nice housing, so they can't short and you can't plug them in wrong.

8mm bullets say they will handle 300A continuous, Nic Case uses 8mm bullets on his 12S 200mph project, so I think 6mm would be fine for me :P

Thanks RR mate, some nice info there, dam 200mph the MAD MAN! think whats its going to be like when our kids grow up! tech is getting mental!!!

I'm with Ting and traxxas connectors for me, never had a broken solder joint on any of them (factory & ones i've soldered) :)

yeah really can not fault the trx conns granby, did you mod your vorza with trx conns?

Edit> im defo going to put my BIG JOES (erbe) on my vorza when i get it and run upside down just for the fun of it :yes: :yes: :yes:

Edited by Tingting44

Thanks RR mate, some nice info there, dam 200mph the MAD MAN! think whats its going to be like when our kids grow up! tech is getting mental!!!

I can only imagine, however they can't get THAT much faster otherwise they will be very hard to control lol.

I imagine only better handling and better run times and a bit faster than they are at the moment.

Just thought Ting, you could try locking your rear diff, you could use the old crap parts you have from your original diff

I did this on mine just to give it a try, it does seem to accelerate a bit better but there is a risk of breaking the standard drive shafts, i did break one but i was doing donuts on tarmac lol

All you need to do is fill the diff with something like JB Weld, let it set for around a day and away you go

Haven't managed to use mine offroad yet so don't know how it will perform but can't see any major problems

Just thought Ting, you could try locking your rear diff, you could use the old crap parts you have from your original diff

I did this on mine just to give it a try, it does seem to accelerate a bit better but there is a risk of breaking the standard drive shafts, i did break one but i was doing donuts on tarmac lol

All you need to do is fill the diff with something like JB Weld, let it set for around a day and away you go

Haven't managed to use mine offroad yet so don't know how it will perform but can't see any major problems

It won't want to turn with the rear locked , The rear wheels will just try to push it forward

Locking the front diff would be more advantageous IMHO

nice tip granby, not much to lose as i have got spare bits :) can only try and see, i will go easy tho, or maybe just run my stock shafts incase as i still got loads of stock shafts :)

It won't want to turn with the rear locked , The rear wheels will just try to push it forward

Locking the front diff would be more advantageous IMHO

how about both locked diffs, anyone tried :shockingscary:

It turns fine on tarmac with offroad tyres, i was surprised when i first run it as i didn't notice any difference in turning

nice :) what was the reason you locked your diff in the 1st place granby? :thumbsup:

well todays going to be fun! whole day of putting lipo's into storage mode :shockingscary::sly:

sam0446l.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT> temporary solder job seems to be holding up for discharge :D

sam0447b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dont know what to do with my erbe at the mo :(

Edited by Tingting44

u need 2 chargers ting ting lol! and what u mean u dont know what 2 do? its only a diff stop worrying! i would just buy new internal gears and bang it back together and RAG IT! when u got 6 rc's like me (was 7 just sold a xtm nitro truggy) u aint got time to have it all prim and propper! hehe u know me allways got more than 1 rc out with me so if it fails allways got a backup! i hated having just 1 rc and u spent hours on end putting all the new parts in propper to go out and do 1 jump and some thing else brakes that aint easy to fix on track side... ;)

Edited by G-RATs-Savage
  • Like 1

how about both locked diffs, anyone tried :shockingscary:

Yep tried it but on a 1/1 scale , I used to twirl spanners for an off road racing team with an all singing all dancing custom built 60k buggy . Locking the rear and centre diffs made it understeer badly ,Locking all diffs made it almost impossible to turn but locking the front diff and using independant rear braking greatly decreased the turning circle at low speeds on greasy surfaces , None of which is applicable to an ERBE coz we don't have independantly lockable diffs lol

Stick to open diffs would be my advice :hahadance:

• Like 1

TING, HOW DO YOU STORAGE CHARGE ON THAT CHARGER :lol: do you use the NiMH setting and set the voltage to like 7.7V? so you charge to ful and discharge using NiMH setting?

There is a storage mode within the Lipo settings- it'll either charge upto ~3.8v if the pack is empty, or it'll discharge down to 3/8v if the pack was full ( alternatively it might just be a case of running a discharge cycle and entering 3.8v per cell manually ).

You only ever use the nimh charge settings for reviving a 'dead' cell or pack.

Nope, I believe there is just normal charge/discharge for Lipo, always wanted to, Lipo's need checking really, gonna go do it now!

Wut?

You don't seem to understand the vast differences between lipos & nimhs. Even if you don't do a balance charge when charging lipos, you still have to use the lipo charge settings as they do not charge up the same way as nimhs do; click my sig for the Tutorials page and read the section on Lipo chargers & charging- should be very educational and save you guessing at the basics ;)

• Like 1

u need 2 chargers ting ting lol! and what u mean u dont know what 2 do? its only a diff stop worrying! i would just buy new internal gears and bang it back together and RAG IT! when u got 6 rc's like me (was 7 just sold a xtm nitro truggy) u aint got time to have it all prim and propper! hehe u know me allways got more than 1 rc out with me so if it fails allways got a backup! i hated having just 1 rc and u spent hours on end putting all the new parts in propper to go out and do 1 jump and some thing else brakes that aint easy to fix on track side... ;)

i know G! a new charger is on the to buy list bro, i would like a charger that can do 4 lipo's at a time, and with my current charger will be able to charge 5 lipo's at a time :yes:

i know g i will be RAGIN it soon mate :) but i dont know how you manage to keep so many rc's going man, top stuff g :) i think when i got my vorza and erbe ill be happy till i get round to building my shed to allow me to have some more rc's lol :thumbsup:

Locking the front diff?

Kinda stupid lol, instead of messing around with locking diffs just get the new internals and fix it properly, shim it and don't worry about it again.

yeah mate selling a few bits now to get some pennies up for the new internals :) bad month for me :(

TING, HOW DO YOU STORAGE CHARGE ON THAT CHARGER :lol: do you use the NiMH setting and set the voltage to like 7.7V? so you charge to ful and discharge using NiMH setting?

hey roo, no i never use nimh setting unless i am using nimh my friend, this charger does not have an auto storage mode, i was well upset about this when i 1st got my erbe, but to put them in storage mode with this charger you have to do it manually, so you have to get the cells up on the screen and manually charge up or dis charge down till each cell gets to 3.8vpc, pretty rediculous for the price of the charger as even

Really, no storage mode or discharge function- what charger do you have again?

no my friend :( but there is a discharge function but you have to stop it your self or it will keep going below 3vpc! i have experianced this lol :(

this is the charger buddy

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fusion-lx60b-elysium-pro-intelligent-balance-charger/rc-car-products/30776

lmao you making good use of the multi quote there ting

mwahahahaha, im loving it now looool :hahadance::tease: