• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Blackout

iwik76

no will do soon, i have had an internet tablet put aside in gatwick so i can buy it on the way through so need cash for that and for my quad biking etc while abroad! i def will get them ordered tho, what date are you coming back so i have a rough idea when the latest i can safley order is bud

I believe I should be coming back around 17th December

But Message Rick and see if he needs to make them or if they are off the shelf!!!

I would not leave it later than 4-5th December with the Xmas post!!

YOU MAY NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ALSO

13.gif Dear Wayne,

Castle Creations one day sale!

Castle is getting ready to release a new line of four pole motors. The new Sidewinder SC set uses this new motor.

We're having a special one day only Castle Clear-out!

This includes their crazy popular 10 amp BEC

Sale ends Wednesday November 24, 2010

44.jpg

Castle Creations

go on wayne rub it in! bloody excited about getting ii this thursday or friday and now il have to wait a week longer then most as im on hoilday!

i wana cry LOL

Me too all the excitment of this week has gone..!! Bloody spoil sports..!!!

Me too all the excitment of this week has gone..!! Bloody spoil sports..!!!

AW come on guys it wasn't fair you guys getting yours a whole month before me!! confused.gifconfused.gif

your trucks would have been all dirty before you got the chance to put your new pipes on rolleyes.gif

Think of it as a money saver

No truck means you cant break anything rofl.gifrofl.gif

AW come on guys it wasn't fair you guys getting yours a whole month before me!! confused.gifconfused.gif

your trucks would have been all dirty before you got the chance to put your new pipes on rolleyes.gif

Think of it as a money saver

No truck means you cant break anything rofl.gifrofl.gif

Twas hoping to run it in then break stufff then be cheeky and ask you if your "sac Magic" has some room it before you returned.. :ph34r::whistling:

The worst part of all of this, i've been waiting patiently whilst being off work ( torn Knee Cartlidge) the doctor has signed me back to work for the 1st of December..!! Bloody Typical...

I don't think i'll be able to concentrate at work thinking .. Hmm wonder if the courier has been and left a sorry you were out card...!! Arrgghhh

id twist the knee just to gain a few extra days!

LOL na that would hurt just take holiday haha

lol i was thinking bout it but then thought i won't be able to drive the beast.. :confused: and your right it bloody hurts...!! although i am waiting for another operation so i won't be a bad thing to "hurt it " a bit more..

I'd try holiday but i work in a school so get more holiday than most..

I Might see if i can train my goldfish to anwser the door whilst i still have some time off so i don't get the dreaded card of Doom... :rofl:

Sounds like you both need to send your trucks to my house then !

So my wife and dog can check them out for you!! tongue.gif

Sounds like a plan too me, they'll need loctite doing either a dab hand with a tube???

Edited by iwik76

blackout-delivery.jpg

OOH big boxes

I think I may come home this weekend just so i can get my truck before Kris tongue.gif

Poor lad has to go on holiday whilst his truck is sat in the shop (probably being used as the display model, since all the others are pre-ordered) huh.gif

At least they can check to see if it has any problems laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

blackout-delivery.jpg

OOH big boxes

I think I may come home this weekend just so i can get my truck before Kris tongue.gif

Poor lad has to go on holiday whilst his truck is sat in the shop (probably being used as the display model, since all the others are pre-ordered) huh.gif

At least they can check to see if it has any problems laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'm loving the banter guys.. brought a smile to my boat-race. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I feel for you Kris you'll be looking at every site in Egypt and we all know you'll be thinking "hmm wonder if my blackout could get up there"....

Where is yours coming from cerwyn?

I hear Wales is being snowed in all next week biggrin.gif

the snow is there 2nite heavy my dad has said..

luckly here in hertfordshire no snow.. my blackout will be here b4 1pm 2mrw...!!! :good: :good: :good:

the snow is there 2nite heavy my dad has said..

luckly here in hertfordshire no snow.. my blackout will be here b4 1pm 2mrw...!!! :good: :good: :good:

AHH thought you were in Wales! rofl.gif

I'm not sure if I can link to another forum but it's the dedicated rampage one and everyone with a maverick would do well to read the pre run checklist sticky there so your fun lasts longer than 10mins..trust me on this, I've owned 2 rampigs in the past, a TT and MT and still have my heavily modded MT though it now currently resides under my bench gathering dust:whistling: it's had a hard life and I've absolutely hammered the crap out of it , had a lot of fun with it but it needed quite a bit of work

the list is still relevant to the V3 so a bit of pre run fiddling will save you a lot of headaches down the road

here's the link though it may get deleted pre run essentials do all the mods in the thread..post 14 has a lot of links to various tidbits.

some sort of chassis bracing is something to work on too...they flex badly in the middle where the chassis is cut out for the gears, you'll see it when you pick them up by the bumpers, various different types from simple rods to full chromemoly cages

I haven't tried the V3 diff cups yet...the v1 and 2 cups snapped at the pin hole on a regular basis..i bust over 20 before I came up with a solution...but haven't heard any complaints about the v3 ones as yet so hopefully they finally got the type of steel, hardness and temper right

do this and you'll have a lot more time having fun and less time cursing and waiting for parts;)

Thanks for the info mooman007uk

much appreciated for us newbie Redcat boys and girls !

SORRY Maverick 's rofl.gif

I think most of us have found the Redcat forum but always good to get a helping hand good.gif

It's here my Blackout has Finally arrived.. and it's just like christmas it snowed over night as well.. :rolleyes:

Only just opened the box and it's massive... the pictures do not do it justice... Happy to report so far the Car comes with a spare set of Gears ( Redcat owners will know why) a 2500mah Battery Lots of alloy (More than i was expecting...) i've been like i was when i had my 1st child i have had the camera out i will post some pictures later..

Woo Hoo... :rofl: