• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Breaking in a hyper 7 black edition

TheWiseRabbit

hi all. my nephew bought the above car. we went to the park to break it in today. we couldnt even get to the breaking in process as the pull start was soooooo tight. it would only pull out about an inch at best. ive never broken in another buggy apart from my stealth so is this common with hypers or other buggies? i was afraid if i pulled too hard the cord would snap

also does anyone have any tips on breaking in a hyper black?

firstly when breakin in any nitro you want to heat the engine up first with a hot hair dryer or heat gun, you can also undo the glowplug about a 1/4 turn to relieve some of the compression then do it straight back up again when its fired up

perfectly normal mate , the engine will be tight as,, heat it up to start off with ( using hairdryer )then try again , but get it nice and toastie, once its fired up and been running and heated up it will be slightly easier

thanks for the replies chaps. to be honest the manual did say heat the engine with a hair dryer but i never needed to do it with my buggy when breaking it in so thought it wouldnt be necessary. obviously i was wrong...first time EVER! lol

will try it tomorrow.

thanks again peeps! :)

Check my post on here mate under hyper7 help,I had the same problem and got loads of great advice,after u heat up the engine if it still jams use a screwdriver to turn the fly wheel underneath to help things along,, keep trying mate sounds like u have a great engine being tight :-) u using Byron 16% fuel for break in first time ??

Edited by Kyzer