• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Yes I'm having a difficult time finding fully threaded m4x40 for the bulk head. I ordered screws up to 25mm fully threaded from boltdepot but they don't have larger sizes fully threaded

Some of the button head type bolts come full thread in longer lengths but use a small hex key size and are easily rounded. I bit the bullet and bought a pack of Vorza  94677 (came with my vorza screw kit) then a bulk load of 25mm 10.9 + stainless for the rest :)

Edited by dazp1976

Hi all,

Abit of a weird one, when taking my hpi trophy out for a bash the steering afters about 10 mintues is half what it was before ( bigger turning circles, full lock to the right is only half the amount ). I presumed it was the crappy aa batterys so i bought a brand new hump pack from modelsport and it still does it?. Same with the brakes as well when i first take it out the brakes are sharpish and work fully, after 10 mintues full brake is only half?. I have checked there isnt anything blocking the the steering arms etcc and same for brakes. I have reset the both arms by taking them off and positioning them but still nothing? The person i boughht the car from only got a year and half or so ago. Am i right in saying it could be blth servo.s on the way out? There both standard btw. No upgrades or hop ups apart from the hump pack and custom mud guards.

Hi all,

Abit of a weird one, when taking my hpi trophy out for a bash the steering afters about 10 mintues is half what it was before ( bigger turning circles, full lock to the right is only half the amount ). I presumed it was the crappy aa batterys so i bought a brand new hump pack from modelsport and it still does it?. Same with the brakes as well when i first take it out the brakes are sharpish and work fully, after 10 mintues full brake is only half?. I have checked there isnt anything blocking the the steering arms etcc and same for brakes. I have reset the both arms by taking them off and positioning them but still nothing? The person i boughht the car from only got a year and half or so ago. Am i right in saying it could be blth servo.s on the way out? There both standard btw. No upgrades or hop ups apart from the hump pack and custom mud guards.

I have heard the servos aren't the best in earlier posts. I run a Flux and I went straight to a 12kg steering servo. Daft question but are the brakes getting wet? shouldn't really make a difference though. Are the bolts in the front carriers coming loose and having a wobble as my steering went sluggish the other day and they fell off. Does sound like the servos struggling tho with use. Some people get a new steering servo and move the original steering one to the throttle/brake opposed to buying both. I guess time will tell.

Edited by dazp1976

I have heard the servos aren't the best in earlier posts. I run a Flux and I went straight to a 12kg steering servo. Daft question but are the brakes getting wet? shouldn't really make a difference though. Are the bolts in the front carriers coming loose and having a wobble as my steering went sluggish the other day and they fell off. Does sound like the servos struggling tho with use. Some people get a new steering servo and move the original steering one to the throttle/brake opposed to buying both. I guess time will tell.

The brakes werent getting wet the first couple of times but once they have. The bolts are coming loose in the carriers i checked them. Hmm i may just have to get new servo's then, might aswell upgrade both.

kind of new to this so yeah.

I have a trophy truggy 4.6 as well! and so far I have upgraded to a roto start and done the small bits and bobs such as new tubing fuel filter and im looking at getting new servo and air filter as I feel like the original one makes the engine to hot. I don't race so no need in doing 3 piece clutch what else do you recommend in getting?

Anyone ever snapped a Flux motor mount? 5 bolts recommended not 4!

nope never done that, but I do only have 2 screws holding the front diff housing down until I get a new one...

I do however have a sticky front shock, that works fine as usual but if you lift the front up a few inches and let go it stays down on one side. I've stripped them both down to compare, everything's looks ok and the shafts are straight but when built up, one seems a bit 'sticky' in certain points, but if I rotate the housing a few degree' it goes smoothly, but then when built up again...same lol. Could I of somehow dinged or warped the housing?

I don't suppose you know if the discs are sold separately or have to buy the rebuild kit? I've read about having different size holes to control the effects so I imagine they would sell kits of different discs? I had a look on froogle but didn't come up with much for our model

Edited by stevo2551

I don't suppose you know if the discs are sold separately or have to buy the rebuild kit? I've read about having different size holes to control the effects so I imagine they would sell kits of different discs? I had a look on froogle but didn't come up with much for our model

Doesn't look that promising does it chap :(

Bit the bullet :) with a long wait :( Save the environment go green :D (terrible)

aeov7dQ.jpgbovhBZ6.jpgx9RJmO2.jpg

Haven't decided on the front end yet. I might mod the Truggy to take Vorza style hubs and use Hellfire alloy carriers with plastic spindles (can find the carriers for

Edited by dazp1976

I like the green :-) there was one on fleabay with all upgraded green parts and it looked really well.

spent quite a while onth tinternet searching for these piston/ discs and they seem to do them for some models but not others, or out of stock. I was hoping someone may have come across these whilst fine tuning suspension...

I like the green :-) there was one on fleabay with all upgraded green parts and it looked really well.

spent quite a while onth tinternet searching for these piston/ discs and they seem to do them for some models but not others, or out of stock. I was hoping someone may have come across these whilst fine tuning suspension...

I was gonna go pink but the missus said she liked the green. Have to abide by the rules so I can still keep the cars !!!! :D  I'll probably be put in my place but I reckon that because the Trophy isn't aimed at the racing market and more for the less serious side of things some of the fine tuning racer stuff ie pistons, springs etc weren't put in as options. That thing where you can't put standard 17mm wheels on without the conversion annoyed me (snapped 4 axles duh) Hopefully somebody crops up soon who's tried things. In the mean time I might try these at some point to beef the shocks up a bit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-RACING-PULSE-4-6-BUGGY-2-4GHz-101378-REAR-SHOCK-SHAFT-3-5X65MM-PR-/350993993760?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item51b8df5020

Lightning stadium ones are hard to come by as a regular repair.

Oh I understand these rules that you speak of haha my Mrs described it as a stupid waste of money toy that can't be any good because it's always breaking....I took her along one day with me, now she just thinks they're stupid hahaha I showed her why they sometimes break... by sending it round the skatepark for a few laps, she's quietly impressed though lol. It's a good theory for some of the fine tuning 'racing' parts not being available, makes sense really (to me anyway ha). I've seen somewere about parts crossing over from one model to another and pulse parts ring a bell. It's sad I know but I've just started reading through this thread from the beginning again to see if I can pick up and extra bits of info that I read before but didn't register in my head at the time. It's a Bugger this shock issue, my new batterys should be here from hk today...bummer. think I'm going to get my drill with shock shaft and piston in the end and massage it on some fine wet/dry paper and see if I can take the outside area down a fraction to stop it sticking....just enough to go for a spin, and order the repair kit for a fiver...

I bought one if these new from modelsport years ago when they came out, http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/66862 wish I still had it now it was an awesome first car, and considering I knew nothing about nitro at the time it always started and run faultlessly every time. I've seen a couple on eBay and was tempted to have a bid...from what I understand, I think most parts are interchangeable between the two truggys, the vorza has the hb d8 for swappable bits, what does the trophy buggy share bits with?

Edited by stevo2551

Pistons: (a.k.a 'discs' on this page :lol:

• Check/measure shock bore (i forget sorry) Inernal diameter of shock body .
  • Measure piston thickness too ;)  has a major role when compared to piston hole sizes ;)

I am confident u will find fitting ones.

• eg, 1:10 are generally 10mm.
  • google piston chart rc too.

Read up on effects too.

@dazp1976

I'm following a how to setup an rc from scratch theory,.Interestingly you select springs with no oil installed, drop model level.  You want both ends to rise at the same speed. Then change mounting positions to achieve this.  If that don't work u select different front or rear spring set and do it again.  Aim is SPRING BALANCE.  I think I send u what i have, then send back what u don't want,..?

I ill post a link to article when i'm on my  linky PC . :)

Edited by Deafty