• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

i did the same on my trophy buggy flux after bending two chassis, so when i got the third i fashioned a brace out of some U shaped aluminium, and what a difference its made. its super stiff and so far, no more bent chassis. Easy to do aswel.

Yeah braces are good but his question relates to the nitro version.  Mine was a converted nitro but more importantly it is the locationof the brace and whether or not it will clear the cooling head.  With my center mounted concept it may just work. 

@rctech:

• both truggy and buggy are 15t stock
  • buggy is 46t spur
  • truggy is 50t spur.

Yeah braces are good but his question relates to the nitro version.  Mine was a converted nitro but more importantly it is the locationof the brace and whether or not it will clear the cooling head.  With my center mounted concept it may just work. 

@rctech:

• both truggy and buggy are 15t stock
  • buggy is 46t spur
  • truggy is 50t spur.

thanks Deafty  :thumbsup:

Yea i was sizing up where the brace would go, it seems it would fit. It would clear the cooling head, my only worry is the throttle and brake area

look at my pic again.  It clears the centre diff brace.  I know nitro uses a different diff bracket (height wise) but When I did it I felt strongly that it would suffice for the nitro too (mine was nitro at the time and the brace was part of the conversion) .  At that time no one on here really gave a rats for nitro :(  as such I didn't take the simple two minutes to know a definitve answer for your question ,. sorry. 

Find a piece of cardadboard  or such 10mm wide and cut it to length and see what ya clearance is like ;)

brace was 10x10mm solid alloy from local hawrdware for naf all monnies .

Empty ice cream tubs are great stands and can be used as storage tubs as well !! .. Best bit is eating the contents  :thumbsup:

Dont remember the last time i've eaten ice cream from the tub loool, was thinking is it worth buying a revolving stand from modelsport or not

Best thing I learned if you run electric. Don't waste your money on 50w or 80w chargers. Get at least a 400watt DC, convert a pc psu unit and series and parallel charge :thumbsup:

Hi, do you have any details of how to convert a pc psu?

Hi, do you have any details of how to convert a pc psu?

Hi there. A couple of web adresses for you to look at if your interested. There is a lot of info out there on this idea.

Make sure you double check the amps and watts of PSU before getting the right one.

http://www.rccd.org/Documents/Tips/Power%20Supply.pdf

A brief summary of mine:

I've been using a 550 watt ATX (

Hi there. A couple of web adresses for you to look at if your interested. There is a lot of info out there on this idea.

Make sure you double check the amps and watts of PSU before getting the right one.

http://www.rccd.org/Documents/Tips/Power%20Supply.pdf

A brief summary of mine:

I've been using a 550 watt ATX (

I am a definite cheapskate when it comes to buying rc stuff.  Seriously considered modding a server PSU cos it's so simple, but for me I spent this time round and went with this SkyRc Racing star combo. 

SKYRC-Racing-Star-RS16-180W-Lader-4-620x

17a PSU 16a charge rate , 180watt.   But it's charging + balancing performance is up there not mention it's tiny size which is a massive plus in my books.  Takes up next to no room very light and lipo checker is down to 0.001volts ;)  Only negative is it is a tad noisy when discharging at high load.  Paid 110 euro with full backed warranty :)

Could not be happier :)

Edited by Deafty

Just taken mine out today for the first proper run! All i can say is whoa! Took it to the local park as its always empty on sundays and is currently under going some work. A few little jumps here and there. The truggy handled the rocky,gravel,wet terrain very well!, my first upgrade is deffo servo's as they were slacking. On full throttle the car sometimes hesistaited then went so abit of tuning will sort that out but overall ver good.

Spent the best part of an hour cleaning the thing after this evening bash but it was worth it. Need to look into getting some mudguards, does anyone know the best suited ones for a truggy?. I will try and upload some pics in a short while

Edited by RC_ maniac

Definately needs mudguards when it's wet. Mine bound up a little bit round the axles and destroyed the spur in seconds. I didn't realise the spur issue until it wrecked 2 pinions. I got 5 sheets of 0.75mm A4 lexan for about