• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Just bought everything to do the 17mm upgrade for my truggy on dollarhobbyz.com for less than 31$ us.

Pretty stoked on that, thought some of my fellow truggy owners would like to know

Hopefully you don't get hammered with import tax! Every time I go above

Edited by dazp1976

yea i bought the cvds from ebay for 10 though i went for the lst ones. That was including shipping to pr. I thought it was more expensive. Gonna habe to post a pic of how shes lookin nowadays switched parts that broke for better alloy ones. Whats a dcent air filter to use for my 4.6??? I mostly use it at an abandoned bmx race track

Edited by T93bird

Hi ya peeps after ordering my wheels and badlands tyres for the truggy thinking off a different bodyshell for the truggy. Has anyone ever used a different bodyshell as in still 1/8 the scale just not a truggy style shell.

Like one from a savage or something similar would love the quad bike shell hpi used to have but now they are like rocking horse poop to get now.

Thanks in advance

I fitted a savage shell to my trophy truggy ill see if i can find a pic later :)

And heres a video of my trophy last summer i found the fottage and thought i may aswell upload it: 

• Like 1

Hi ya peeps after ordering my wheels and badlands tyres for the truggy thinking off a different bodyshell for the truggy. Has anyone ever used a different bodyshell as in still 1/8 the scale just not a truggy style shell.

Like one from a savage or something similar would love the quad bike shell hpi used to have but now they are like rocking horse poop to get now.

Thanks in advance

found them pics!
as you can see i had to trim the rear of the body away a little but otherwise it fits pretty well its  tad to narrow so you have to pull it over the side guard when putting it on

found them pics!

as you can see i had to trim the rear of the body away a little but otherwise it fits pretty well its  tad to narrow so you have to pull it over the side guard when putting it on

Looks good did you paint that yourself?

And was it hard to align on the car or just fit like a glove

Also does anyone know if the hellfire bodyshell still exists or whether that's gone.

And does anyone know off a stronger front chassis support like the back one in Orange for the front have look on hpiracing website and can't seem to find any upgrades of this part of have people just made there own.

Looks good did you paint that yourself?And was it hard to align on the car or just fit like a gloveAlso does anyone know if the hellfire bodyshell still exists or whether that's gone.And does anyone know off a stronger front chassis support like the back one in Orange for the front have look on hpiracing website and can't seem to find any upgrades of this part of have people just made there own.

Thanks :) no didn't paint it it's one of hpi's body's for the nitro savage. Not really many options on how to fit it obviously it's not perfect but the front fits snug behind the bumper and as I said you have to pull the body sides apart to fit over the chassis guards. Apart from trimming the rear of the body and that it's fits well

And IMO looks pretty good

Looks good did you paint that yourself?

And was it hard to align on the car or just fit like a glove

Also does anyone know if the hellfire bodyshell still exists or whether that's gone.

And does anyone know off a stronger front chassis support like the back one in Orange for the front have look on hpiracing website and can't seem to find any upgrades of this part of have people just made there own.

HPI website says 101770 is a front support for the Trophy series but is black, ally and isn't that cheap. I got a plastic D8T one to try and it's too short to reach the hole on the chassis plate. Am thinking of drilling a new hole but not sure I can be bothered. Other than that ? myself.

Hey peeps. I've the proline bulldog body with D8T towers on the Truggy flux 112mm front shock 124mm rear. The 124mm were my first mistake in a shock upgrade. Soggy as (kyosho red 95mm springs!!!) on the stock parts and hard as with a D8T rear tower (gold 84mm 70gf) and don't travel properly. Options are another set of 112's for

Picked up my Trophy truggy 4.6 today , cleaned it last night, might take out for a spin tomorrow. It came with 20% model techniks fuel which the guy said thats what he's been running it on. Should i use the rest of 5 litre bottle? ( about 4 litres left ) then change glow plug and nitro to 25% and a better brand?

Theres no harm as long as the fuel isn't old and has been stored well.  Any concern on that then go straight to 25% ;)

The guy I purchasedit off assured me everything was kept in a secure dry place which is good. What glow plug what you recommend for the colder weather?

Hey, so i keep bending my front and rear drive shafts. I jump her alot was thinking buying that alloy front center brace for it. Since its a nitro seems tricky to get that full frame brace the leccys have been doing. The cvd / keep bending too whats a good up grade. Or way to prevent from bending?

Have a look at my old brace.  No one on here tried it with a nitro.  But it may just fit as it runs directly on the centre line.  It is a solid bar.  The front mounts through the centre hole on the suspension plate and screws into the end of the bar.  the rear mounts in that spare hole of the bulkhead ;)

12062013576_zps3b606156.jpg

17042013429_zps223564d1.jpg

Edited by Deafty

Have a look at my old brace.  No one on here tried it with a nitro.  But it may just fit as it runs directly on the centre line.  It is a solid bar.  The front mounts through the centre hole on the suspension plate and screws into the end of the bar.  the rear mounts in that spare hole of the bulkhead ;)

12062013576_zps3b606156.jpg

17042013429_zps223564d1.jpg

i did the same on my trophy buggy flux after bending two chassis, so when i got the third i fashioned a brace out of some U shaped aluminium, and what a difference its made. its super stiff and so far, no more bent chassis. Easy to do aswel.