• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Nothing is made by you mydoddy69

I made loads of these ages ago hope you never copied off my copyrighted part lol

Nope all my own handy work thanks just like the ones in the pics above well not all but 2 are

You must have the same knackerd drill I use as your front holes are slightly off as well !

Thinking about I remember you made one back in May ? ..

That's gti72 truggy conversion if I recall and it has a ace 150a esc in it from my mt4 ? How is it holding up ?

Edited by mydoddy69

Would anyone be interested in my Lightning Pro 2 roller ? For those that don't know it's basically a trophy but with virtually every upgraded component that was available from HPI (some parts are no longer available) The chassis hubs driveshafts etc etc are all virtually unbreakable and not the usual shoddy quality asian copies . The Pro 2 was only ever sold as a rolling chassis meaning you need to add your choice of radio gear and engine but is otherwise complete . This particular kit was purchased for spares for my 6s Pro 2 brushless conversion (completed before HPI brought out the flux) but with only 2 breakages in 3 years of bashing this kit has remained complete and only opened for pic's . This kit is the last one available in the UK and is for sale for

Would anyone be interested in my Lightning Pro 2 roller ? For those that don't know it's basically a trophy but with virtually every upgraded component that was available from HPI (some parts are no longer available) The chassis hubs driveshafts etc etc are all virtually unbreakable and not the usual shoddy quality asian copies . The Pro 2 was only ever sold as a rolling chassis meaning you need to add your choice of radio gear and engine but is otherwise complete . This particular kit was purchased for spares for my 6s Pro 2 brushless conversion (completed before HPI brought out the flux) but with only 2 breakages in 3 years of bashing this kit has remained complete and only opened for pic's . This kit is the last one available in the UK and is for sale for

wow didnt think you would ever let this go

It's time to let it go as I simply don't need it , My original Pro 2 is still going strong and I have some unfinished projects to sort

My mt4 does that on 4s and grass lol!!

It's a nice bit of kit the lightning pro and the chassis is I think it's best feature there's just so much more out there this day and age, that really it's only value is as an antique.. In saying all this thou I wouldn't mind having it but sorry I'm skint at the minute and my next rc is already earmarked.

Stick it in the sales on here and max bashing or try your luck on the bay ! .

Seems like this day and age all folks want is cheap bashers and there pretty happy with how the trophy comes

Edited by mydoddy69

My mt4 does that on 4s and grass lol!!

It's a nice bit of kit the lightning pro and the chassis is I think it's best feature there's just so much more out there this day and age, that really it's only value is as an antique.. In saying all this thou I wouldn't mind having it but sorry I'm skint at the minute and my next rc is already earmarked.

Stick it in the sales on here and max bashing or try your luck on the bay ! .

Seems like this day and age all folks want is cheap bashers and there pretty happy with how the trophy comes

I'd like to see a vid of the mt4 doing it on concrete never mind grass lol 

It seems to me that in the run up to selling your trophy all you had was praise for them but since it sold you do nothing but criticise them , Theres no denying that the Lightning is a dated design but it's still being sold and that is the focus of this thread , I'm just offering people the chance to purchase a lot of upgrades that are no longer available all in one package

Not really think about it I still say and always have said the trophy is like many others it needs some work but is a good fun ride . I really enjoyed mine and had a huge blast with it so I don't see where the crticism is in that.

The only real criticism I'd have with the trophy is the never ending tool wrenching and tweaking.

I don't have a sour taste from having owned one but I do have a knowledge of how good and bad they are, the market place changes over time and like many rc trucks things become outdated that's not to say the trophy is or the lightning although it was replaced with the trophy.. The reason I said the chassis was it's best feature is simply because it's one of the parts that you can't find a cheap equevilant to compare it to unlike some of the others ..

So if me saying this part or that bit breaks and needs replacing or it needs some tweaking here or there or, it takes some tool wrenching at times is that bad then what's the point of having a thread? Surely were here to share our thoughts not hide them away ..

Oh and next time I got the camera out and I'm in backfliping frenzy mode I'll defiantly get you some footage in the mean time here's one from another guy it's really not that hard.

• Like 1

I'll be picking up a D8T tomorrow so I'm probably gonna be selling my trophy truggy flux. Right now it's in pieces and needs a few small parts and a good clean. I'll clean everything up and put it back together this week if I get the time. Would come as roller no wheels or tyres included and no electrics. Would be great as a spares car or could be used after a few small things are sorted.

If anyone's interested please pm me with an offer and I'll try to get some pics for you.

Not really think about it I still say and always have said the trophy is like many others it needs some work but is a good fun ride . I really enjoyed mine and had a huge blast with it so I don't see where the crticism is in that.

The only real criticism I'd have with the trophy is the never ending tool wrenching and tweaking.

I don't have a sour taste from having owned one but I do have a knowledge of how good and bad they are, the market place changes over time and like many rc trucks things become outdated that's not to say the trophy is or the lightning although it was replaced with the trophy.. The reason I said the chassis was it's best feature is simply because it's one of the parts that you can't find a cheap equevilant to compare it to unlike some of the others ..

So if me saying this part or that bit breaks and needs replacing or it needs some tweaking here or there or, it takes some tool wrenching at times is that bad then what's the point of having a thread? Surely were here to share our thoughts not hide them away ..

Oh and next time I got the camera out and I'm in backfliping frenzy mode I'll defiantly get you some footage in the mean time here's one from another guy it's really not that hard.

But where is the never ending tool wrenching and tweaking with the pro ? Mine has broken twice in almost 3 years , That's hardly never ending :hahadance:

How much tweaking did your pro need ? Oh yeah , You have never owned one  :tease: 

You describe the car as being only of antique value yet agree that it is better than the current trophy , Does that mean a new trophy is worthless ?

You say that the lightning was replaced by the trophy but those in the know acknowledge that it was merely a  very slightly bigger engine and otherwise just  a rebranded lightning gt , The price did rise but that's just hpi brand name tax :whistling:

As for the video , It's not your car and the power source is unknown so I don't see it's worth

So I've had my 4.6 TT for @ 5/6 weeks now and really enjoy it. But the D8T is just tooooooo enticing to me. Really very reasonably priced here in the US. Just a couple upgrades(better shocks and steering parts) I want to do cost almost 1/3rd the cost of the D8T kit. Only hold up for me is whether I add a new engine into the order or wait and see how it goes with my current 4.6. The new Tessman edition is coming out soon, but not really into that as I bash and don't need to make race weight and IMHO CF isn't always the best part for bashing. But I have read that all the trick parts in the Tessman will be available 1 piece at a time eventually.

Decisions, decisions.

Good problem to have sometimes :D

I never said i had a pro and never referred to that as having never ending tool wrenching i did however refer to the trophy as having it which is what i had so you point being what ??? 

I meant with antique value the fact that its now discontinued and no longer  in production means those parts are clearly hard to source like a antique !!.. so it has some antique value !!.. I have not said that's its worthless or a pile of crap so why get all defensive ??

I was comparing the lightining pro 2 to the current model of the trophy and if you compare the pro2 with all its upgrades it is a better truggy yes??.. But it also had a lot more than i simple motor difference did it not ?? take the chassis for starters !.

The video was to show a simple backflip nothing more nothing less on a mt4 like i said its not mine and there not hard to pull off and you really don't need a 6s lipo to do them although the added punch helps the motor torque is really were it's at !!..

I dont see where your coming from unless your hacked off that i said the discontinued model you have is an antique?? surely no longer being in production and hard to source and being old is what makes it one ??  

The reason i don't refer to the pro as being this or that is clearly i never owned one!!.  So you broke yours twice in how long thats great stuff but just because yours never broke doesn't mean by any standard that others didn't or wont,  on a discontinued truggy that could mean parts are hard to source yes?? replacing the damage with trophy parts is not always an option as some fit and other don't ?? Did i not read deafty state the cvd and arms are of a different length ?? There's another difference by the way !

I get you want to sell your pro2 and want top dollar thats great and i get you want to big it up thats great too, but i dont get why your so hacked at me saying its what it is an antique.. Its not like i have said its a pile of crap i even said if i'd of had the money i'd have bought it so surely i cant think its that bad?.

Oh and are antiques not valuable?? more so than there current model sometimes ?? So yes id pay more for the pro2 than i would a second hand trophy, but that being said it may be a tough to sell to others..  

At the end of the day your have your opinions and i'll have mine they may well differ and i'm sorry if you don't like mine but that's life if you think there wrong then that's just dandy by me but i'm not going to change them just like your not going to change yours  

• Like 2

I agree with mydoddy69 on this

I personally don't see the point in flipping the truggy from accelerating, jumps and stuff are a different matter

These rcs in general have advanced loads since my first many years ago

• Like 1

upload them to the forum Gallery, top of the page you see the gallery button, click it and then click the "Upload" button in the next window, Then click "create new album", and then you can upload the image.

To put it into posts click the "My Media" link in the reply area and then click "Gallery images" then select the pics you want to add.

short explanation.

Click "Gallery"

Click "upload"

Click "Create album"

select image to upload. - done

to add to posts.

click "My Media"

click "Gallery images"

click image to add and then click "finish"

:thumbsup:

Hello guys has anyone got or have a spare front uj shaft for my trophy truggy 17mm hex as I have snapped one today

Hpi number 66479lT4Lta.jpg

i think i have a spare shaft in my spares kit  you can have how did you manage that

ill have a look for you

Edited by hoggles94

i think i have a spare shaft in my spares kit you can have how did you manage that

ill have a look for you

mate if you could would be gr8

jumped a little high in the winds today and landed flat on front wheel side on, Watch "Hpi trophy jump" on YouTube

Hpi trophy jump: http://youtu.be/O7XBhmtiWZUont

Edited by Mick1979