• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

You will need a new nut the original is not compatible with a 3 shoe set up.

Is it 70k cst or 70wt? Diff oil?

Putting the diff in the wrong way is easily done, I have done it myself before lol. Mark the diff casing with some correction fluid or a small grove with a junior hacksaw so you know where to put the spiral gear. No more reversed diffs lol

Putting the diff in the wrong way is easily done, I have done it myself before lol. Mark the diff casing with some correction fluid or a small grove with a junior hacksaw so you know where to put the spiral gear. No more reversed diffs lol

The original nut does work with the 3 shoe clutch, I'm using that setup in 2 cars and have been for well over 6 months!

The original nut does work with the 3 shoe clutch, I'm using that setup in 2 cars and have been for well over 6 months!

**Edit** I guess u can use the original nut,.lol I've found my springs didn't sit nice enough on my various clutch installs,.but I've been using different ones.

Good Idea on the dif marking.

I haven't touched my original clutch nut for so long I missed mentioning that,,.and going further into detail with compatible nuts:-->Some have the groove for springs lower than others. Anyone got a link to the correct one for the HongNor shoes. I've got so many of them myself it shouldn't be problem to find a suitable one but for Steve32 + others it would be helpful.

I'm using these diff oils by Ansmann . All a bit confusing really. Perhaps I'm even using the wrong ones:

My 70 is "Silicone differential oil 70000 CPS"

My 50 is "Silicone differential oil 50000 CPS"

My 30 is "Silicone differential oil 30000 CPS"

Le me know if this is a mistake,.but performance is good,. :shockingscary:

Edited by Deafty

I can't find the 6000mAh lipo on Hobbyking or a single Gen Ace one on there either.

You wont find a gens ace on hobbyking they dont sell them try these links on lipos the first is the one i like and recommend the other is a hobbyking alternative

Gens ace 2s but out of stock http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-5800mah-hard-case-p-407505.html

Gens ace 2s in stock http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-5000mah-hard-case-lipo-pack-p-406696.html

Both will need to have deans connectors soldered on

Gens ace 4s my fav http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-5000mah-hard-case-lipo-battery-p-406700.html comes with deans on

Hobbyking 2s http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17265__Turnigy_nano_tech_6000mah_2S2P_65_130C_Hardcase_Lipo_Pack.html

Heard a lot of good things about these and will be trying a couple myself will need to fit deans connectors

hobbyking 4s cheap one.. a friend of mine runs these and for the money there really good Only thing i dont like is there a soft case.. again you'll need to change the connectors

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10096__Turnigy_5000mAh_4S_35C_Lipo_Pack.html

• Like 1

**Edit** I guess u can use the original nut,.lol I've found my springs didn't sit nice enough on my various clutch installs,.but I've been using different ones.

Good Idea on the dif marking.

I haven't touched my original clutch nut for so long I missed mentioning that,,.and going further into detail with compatible nuts:-->Some have the groove for springs lower than others. Anyone got a link to the correct one for the HongNor shoes. I've got so many of them myself it shouldn't be problem to find a suitable one but for Steve32 + others it would be helpful.

I'm using these diff oils by Ansmann . All a bit confusing really. Perhaps I'm even using the wrong ones:

My 70 is "Silicone shock oil 7000 CPS"

My 50 is "Silicone shock oil 5000 CPS"

My 30 is "Silicone shock oil 3000 CPS"

I'm i Right in thinking your using shock oil in your diffs ??

Shock oil is for shocks and diff oil is for diffs it sort of says it in the title

shock oils is much thinner than diff oil.. cps is a much more accurate way of measuring the velocity of the oil so its not the same as say 30wt shock oil to 30 cps shock oil the cps would be thinner as wt oil is rounded up to the nearest it all gets rather complicated but have a look on the hudy site there is a section on there which from memory covers oil's diffs shocks and general

Think if your using shock oil it may be a little thin mate and such will end up causing excess wear to the diff gears and possibly over heating the diff and destroying them

You wont find a gens ace on hobbyking they dont sell them try these links on lipos the first is the one i like and recommend the other is a hobbyking alternative

Gens ace 2s but out of stock http://www.giantshar...e-p-407505.html

Gens ace 2s in stock http://www.giantshar...k-p-406696.html

Both will need to have deans connectors soldered on

Gens ace 4s my fav http://www.giantshar...y-p-406700.html comes with deans on

Hobbyking 2s http://www.hobbyking..._Lipo_Pack.html

Heard a lot of good things about these and will be trying a couple myself will need to fit deans connectors

hobbyking 4s cheap one.. a friend of mine runs these and for the money there really good Only thing i dont like is there a soft case.. again you'll need to change the connectors

http://www.hobbyking..._Lipo_Pack.html

Thats great, thank you. I wish I had known about these before buying those HPI ones.

The reason I was tempted by 2s is that some cars don't take 4s and thought if I buy another model in the future it might save me buying more.

Thats great, thank you. I wish I had known about these before buying those HPI ones.

The reason I was tempted by 2s is that some cars don't take 4s and thought if I buy another model in the future it might save me buying more.

Thats why I got 2S ones as I use them in my Rustler as well :)

Yep i second that its always to good to have a mix of lipo's then you can use them for different things.. When i get lipos i always try and match them up so if i buy say a 2s 5000mah 40c i see if i can get a 3s 5000mah 40c that way i have 2 singles or one 5s or if i get 2 2s and 3s i could have a couple of 2s and a couple of 3s along with a 4s and a 5s and a 6s.. But when doing this you have to make sure they will fit...Its a great way of getting a lot of use out of them along with saving you a few quid

Only but lipo's together that have had the same amount of use and never miss match ie 5000mah with a 5800mah same with the c rating

If buying lipos to mix them up i would recommend you buy them all at the same time and keep a record of how many times they have been used so you know its ok to put them together or not.. I use a piece of masking tape on the side and just mark that

Am i Right in thinking your using shock oil in your diffs ??

Ermm NO.

I should check my links,. before I post SORRY EVERYBODY thats a rather large balls up.!

Editing post now,.Wheres my head at!? Diff oils are listed second on website,.

My 70 is "Silicone differential oil 70000 CPS"

My 50 is "Silicone differential oil 50000 CPS"

My 30 is "Silicone differential oil 30000 CPS"

shock oils is much thinner than diff oil.. cps is a much more accurate way of measuring the velocity of the oil so its not the same as say 30wt shock oil to 30 cps shock oil the cps would be thinner as wt oil is rounded up to the nearest it all gets rather complicated but have a look on the hudy site there is a section on there which from memory covers oil's diffs shocks and general

Yeah I know,.apologies again,.I have been running what is listed above all along,.

So If i ask again,.what do we think..?

Edited by Deafty

I heard guys using silly putty in them to lock them up so blue tak is no surprise .. shawdowDEMON88 any reason you want them wieghts ?? you could get the same effect using 60 30 10 or 50 30 10 and easy enough to find on modelsport

I heard guys using silly putty in them to lock them up so blue tak is no surprise .. shawdowDEMON88 any reason you want them wieghts ?? you could get the same effect using 60 30 10 or 50 30 10 and easy enough to find on modelsport

Well the only reason I suggested them weights as that was the advise given on here (for nitro's) plus running a slightly big engine then standard so just trying to protect my diffs. I'm pretty mechanically minded but trying to sort the weight of oils out is doing my head in. Why it can't be straight forward like most things I don't know. I can see this ending badly.....

Ermm,. well as it would be thicker,.then yes it would ,make a difference.

But I don't think thats the anwser you are after,. Perhaps wording your question differently would provide easier feedback,.

I wouldn't run less than 20k anywhere,.But 10k would be my absolut limit (on the truggy)

By the way,. u got any pics of what u did,.?