• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder's 1st Baja - Sheila

Thunderwolf

methanol engine is listed on forum and ebay now so i've changed the title of this thread.

still waiting on my freeprawn order that has the gaskets and oil seals for this petrol engine.

bought some petrol engine bits from another member, got them fairly cheap with some nitro engines so i'm happy

with the parts coming and what i have, i should be able to get a working engine out of it, dunno what size or power it will be, but any engine is better than no engine

seems the gaskets and oil seals got lost in the post, been awhile since thats happen to me.

freeprawn have sent out a new parcel for me, hopefully this one will arrive without a problem

got the oil seals and gaskets today

so this

DSC08428.jpg

now looks like this

DSC08437.jpg

and if the info i found is correct it looks like this is a 29cc cy engine, and at some point its had some porting of some kind done on it. i'll put the carb and stuff on tomorrow when i fit it into sheila, can't do it now due to being dark.

got an exhaust gasket to cut out but will be seeing if she runs tomorrow/sunday, unless the weather has other ideas

hello, the part on the rook of your car, protecting the sparkplug lead, where did you get that bit from as could do witth one myself or do you have the part number?

cheers