• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help me choose (vxr vs cupra r)

dazj10

Go and test drive a few before making a decision tbh, they all have pros and cons and it all depends what suits you and what you want it for :)

i will be test driving,, but trying to get a short list as i dont want to be test driving just for the sake of it

it will be used for general everyday stuff , but not to and fro-ing from work ( got company van)

i only do about 3- 3.5k a year

Did you think about the renault megane r26r.

Renault-Megane-R26R-15%5B1%5D.jpg

And if you want more performance, k-tec racing do an upgrade kit to essentially make it a kr26. (These things can be good for 400bhp)

http://www.k-tecraci...ct_car.asp?id=8

This is a pretty good hot hatch and is also pretty popular amongst tuning circles.

Or you could go for the v6 clio......

Edited by carmst74

Did you think about the renault megane r26r.

Renault-Megane-R26R-15%5B1%5D.jpg

And if you want more performance, k-tec racing do an upgrade kit to essentially make it a kr26. (These things can be good for 400bhp)

http://www.k-tecraci...ct_car.asp?id=8

This is a pretty good hot hatch and is also pretty popular amongst tuning circles.

Or you could go for the v6 clio......

lol need 4 seats mate , daughter just swapped her r26 for evo 8 MR edition but the r26 was a mint car

Edited by dazj10

Best bet is just to test drive the hell out of any car on your short list.

It's important to get at least 30 min in the car as cars like the S2K and the other VTEC rubbish feel great for 15 mins, but get very tiring and annoying after 30 mins.

As has already been said the R26 is a fantastic car, large boot and plenty of room in the rear seats, the Mazda 3 MPS is a storming car as well.

If your prefer something that's more chuckable the Clio 172/182's are absolutely fantastic.

Out of the 2 you listed though i much preferred the Cupra, only downside is it had that spongey remote steering that all VAG's seem to have had over the past years, very little feedback.

On purely dynamics the Focus is a lot more responsive and gives a lot more feedback.

End of the day though, some folks prefer a comfortable car with nice mid range, other prefer a lighter car that's handles better but is more twitchy, only by test driving the hell out of them will you really know.

Keep us updated though, always good to hear others views on test drives :good:

Cheers

Mark

i would consider the civic type R rhyscrash has 1 and when we go out in it and it hits 8500 revs its sounds amazing and shifts like nothing ive ever been in

defo a easy choice for me CIVIC ALL THE WAY

out of the 2 i would go for the VXR,

get a decent suspension set up on them they are a good all round car. :good:

if your looking for a great handling/fun hot hatch then there is only 1 out there tbh mate, thats the Clio 197/200 :rofl: ( im biased obviously ).

as others have said as well the Clio 172/182 are still fantastic cars as well, maybe a bit small for you tho.

i would consider the civic type R rhyscrash has 1 and when we go out in it and it hits 8500 revs its sounds amazing and shifts like nothing ive ever been in

defo a easy choice for me CIVIC ALL THE WAY

and that is the main reason i wont have a vtec,, i dont want to have to get my car to at least 5-6000 revs before anything happens,

i would get the seat leon cupra k1 or the cupra r the 265bhp one awsome cars

the depreciation on the vxr is really bad aswell my mate lost 3k in under 12months on 1.plus they handle really bad.

i have a premier edition civic type r 06 plate and i love it,like some one said before the dc5 is the nuts that will be my next car...

Edited by graveyardshift

• 4 weeks later...

i got an ep3 type r, and it will eat seat's vxr's and scooby's, also likes to snack on focus st's. for the money its still the best hot hatch. plus its super reliable, had my 55 plate a year and cane it every day, with no problems yet. expensive to tune though. a guy who i bash with has the leon, and he loves it, and he's had a few decent cars.

Edited by rhyscrash

i got an ep3 type r, and it will eat seat's vxr's and scooby's, also likes to snack on focus st's. for the money its still the best hot hatch. plus its super reliable, had my 55 plate a year and cane it every day, with no problems yet. expensive to tune though. a guy who i bash with has the leon, and he loves it, and he's had a few decent cars.

no it wont.

An ST or VXR will easily beat one, As for a Scooby, even a base spec WRX will leave one. IF you are racing them and beating them, the driver has no idea how to drive his car and keep it on boost.

I love Type R's, But in reality, they just about keep up with 172/182s, They are no where near as fast as the Turbo'd cars you mentioned.

Unless yours is supercharged, or heavily modified.

I wouldnt mind a Type R, with a few minor things like the K Pro etc etc, But I feel Clio 182 is a better buy, pretty much as fast but perhaps better value for money.

Edited by 19 Inch Guns