• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash Diff Problems

gmodertom

I was running my slash the other day and for some reason most of the power was going onto one wheel and the other wheel was spinning very slowly. I took the gearbox and diff

apart and there seems to be no wear, I regularly clean the gearbox and diff out every 20-30 runs. I always pack the diff with thick molybdenum grease and the gearbox with white grease.

there is no wear and the gears are not stuck so I dont know why the power was going mainly to one wheel. any suggestions? my slash is quite old and it still has the original gears and everything

in so is it time for some new ones? if it is Ill think about buying a different SC instead. tongue.gif

So it's a 2wd Slash? If the diff is fine then does the other wheel that's not getting any power have a resistance to it? Maybe the bearings are shot..

yes, sorry its a 2wd. I checked the bearings not so long back and clean them after every run. it could be but I dont think it would be enough to allmost completely stop the wheel moving would it?

If the bearings are toast then it would.. Happened to my DBXve. Some fine sand got somehow in the bearings of one wheel and I was wondering why the car keeps turning to the side. I kept going and the bearings got totally busted. whistling.gif

Does it feel ok when you turn the wheel by hand?

Have you checked that the hex isn't rounded out? It would seem fine until you put the car down on the ground and try to run.

Have you checked that the hex isn't rounded out? It would seem fine until you put the car down on the ground and try to run.

Does the diff have oil in? If not and one wheels is considerable stiffer than the other the more freely moving one will get all the power.

If you spin one wheel, does the other spin the opposite way? If not or it's a bit crunchy then the bevel gears inside the diff are shot.

Does the diff have oil in? If not and one wheels is considerable stiffer than the other the more freely moving one will get all the power.

If you spin one wheel, does the other spin the opposite way? If not or it's a bit crunchy then the bevel gears inside the diff are shot.

Thanks for all the replys, I think it was the bearings, the wheel had quite a bit of resistance on it, Ive replaced them now and am in the process of cleaning and re-greasing the gearbox.

The bearing were still the originals and the car is over a year old so they have lasted a while good.gif its been though salt water a good few times and through mud and dirt so theve done pretty well!

anyway thanks again.

Tom

Edited by gmodertom

• 1 year later...