• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Trooper's 'OptimusBaja'

The Trooper

just abit Hoss, to go from a 23cc fuelie to an ESP 27.2 with stuffed crust or crank or soemthing.... its different :lol:

excuse the lack of knowledge, all i know is that engine shifts :lol:

You're running a pizza?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:whistling::blush: i cant remember the technical term, its a stuffed soemthing, crust was the first thing to come to my head cos i work for pizza hut making orders :lol::rofl:

Looking good Will,get the dogbones,cups and clutch upgraded as soon as now,that engine will damn sure put a lot more strain on the drivetrain and will need beefing up.My 26cc trashed the HPI HD dogbones and one of the diff cups once i'd ported it,went for the DS V2 Meaty Bones,DS Toobz cups and that Integy 3pc SD clutchkit and its been bob on since,not one problem apart from I snapped a dogbone pin through trying to get the power down on tarmac with the Hostile MX's,it didn't like that much and twang went the pin into 3 pieces....laugh.gif

I think you have the bug now dude,once a Baja gets into your blood its hard to let go,i've a new found spark about mine again,next for me is a rear Dom (silenced) and full DS26cc SIKK engine....biggrin.gif

Looking good Will,get the dogbones,cups and clutch upgraded as soon as now,that engine will damn sure put a lot more strain on the drivetrain and will need beefing up.My 26cc trashed the HPI HD dogbones and one of the diff cups once i'd ported it,went for the DS V2 Meaty Bones,DS Toobz cups and that Integy 3pc SD clutchkit and its been bob on since,not one problem apart from I snapped a dogbone pin through trying to get the power down on tarmac with the Hostile MX's,it didn't like that much and twang went the pin into 3 pieces....laugh.gif

I think you have the bug now dude,once a Baja gets into your blood its hard to let go,i've a new found spark about mine again,next for me is a rear Dom (silenced) and full DS26cc SIKK engine....biggrin.gif

sounds like a plan mate, but i'm only upgrading what breaks.... (even tho i bought a new engine and shell when my others are fine whistling.gif )

Trying to keep costs down, but be assured when/if they do go i will get some nice hop upped ones :D

ATM i am satisfied with the visual side of things :good: for how long i do not know :rofl: ... possibly til next pay day?????

Keeping costs down and the HPI Baja = not very likely...laugh.gif Mines stripped down again now,gonna get it all cleaned tomorrow,just waiting on the rear billet hubs,front and rear billet shock tower support and front billet bulkhead,its a never ending process but I love it,I should have it just about right for October when I get a FTX Punisher to keep her company....wink.gif

had it out today and decided i need better tyres :lol: them dirt busters have not traction at all on wet grass... or dry grass for that matter :rofl:

a photo of my baja after today with my little cousin :good: good at steering but throttle controls a little to be desired of :rofl:

P290510_15060001.jpg

P290510_15070001.jpg

Video of me testing my new engine... the wee lad at the start is my cousin (the guy above in the photo) , he legged it towards me, til i restarted it then legged it away from me :rofl:

Edited by The Trooper

was out ragging it about a field today, having a great time in the sun and then this happened

P310510_13410003.jpg

:(

so i need to sell some bits to get new wheels and tyres :D

Very typical for HPI 'DIRT BUSTERS' An ESPECIALLY if your doing DONUTS .............. you wouldnt do that would you :whistling::lol:

maybe go for 'PROLINES', 'HOSTLIES', or 'GRP'

As a replacement :good:

was out ragging it about a field today, having a great time in the sun and then this happened

:(

so i need to sell some bits to get new wheels and tyres :D

same happened to my old busters, got a new set for £20 not bad for bashing