• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help me spend some money

scooby.ben

Very nice budget to play with there :D I'd say a MT or a buggy would be better suited to that budget, (Stadium trucks for low budgets).

If you need it to be a kit, a top-end buggy that would suit your budget perfectly would be the TT EB4 S3. However, I think the perfect choice for a begginner would be a savage 4.6, buy some good radio gear and servo's, and it'll cost you about 450.

Radio, something that'd be a good start would be the spectrum dsm. You would then have 120 left to sepnd on the engine and pipe, me personally, I think getting the xb8 as your first car is way overkill and pointless. Get something cheaper, something you can easily bash around. Go to your local store and see what they stock parts for.

Radio, something that'd be a good start would be the spectrum dsm. You would then have 120 left to sepnd on the engine and pipe, me personally, I think getting the xb8 as your first car is way overkill and pointless. Get something cheaper, something you can easily bash around. Go to your local store and see what they stock parts for.

What about a Picco P3 .26 or even push the boat out and go for the Wasp .28 - the baby will fly then.....

if your buying a 1/8th buggy DONT by a .26 or .28, thats just plain dumb. get a .21 and then yoiu still have the option to race with it too...youll find alot of the 1/8th truggy racers use .21's for there top end power.

rb S7II comes out at £170ish..youll need a pipe too.

im only using a Futaba 2PL 40mhz AM tx as the whole set cost me £65..bargain.

hi-torque servos are about .£35 each..

yadayada

if your buying a 1/8th buggy DONT by a .26 or .28, thats just plain dumb. get a .21 and then yoiu still have the option to race with it too...youll find alot of the 1/8th truggy racers use .21's for there top end power.

rb S7II comes out at £170ish..youll need a pipe too.

im only using a Futaba 2PL 40mhz AM tx as the whole set cost me £65..bargain.

hi-torque servos are about .£35 each..

yadayada

Depends whether he is racing or not I s'pose...I don't race mine, I use it for bashing - hense the P3 - Fast and Stupid - Happy days!!

True......and if you are anything like me you will need hardened steel suspension and spoiler mounts :(

Cool - sounds like a plan though - I may just have to give that a whirl....

• 2 weeks later...

i am selling a mugen mbx5 buggy. it is brand new in box but is an american import so is part built. in my experience, the mugen is an easier car to drive. (i also own an xray which i am also selling by the way) there are so many adjustments on the xray, it is quite easy to confuse yourself.