• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE rc car to get

midi-mania

well my bro was well chuffed with my nitro when he bought it me ( :lol: ) so i want to return the favour, but since his focus rs engine blew up and he will more than likely soon be selling it, i want it to come with a ford focus (preferably RS) shell or an after market focus shell that i can get for it.

im hoping that my dad will give a hand with the price of it so i don't want anything crap like a rush evo and i want it to have a decent sized engine (.21 up) becuase he will want it to go fast, also obliviously, he will probably crash it quite a bit (i just have to take a look at his TT-01 to see that) doing jumps, wether the car is designed for them or not, at first i thought of a fusion .21/28 but then the i realised the cost + severe lack of hop ups

but then again, you can get one without a shell, but can you get ford focus shells to fit? (doesn't matter what colour the shell was but preferably clear/blue with a blue wing)

Edited by midi-mania

here's a focus shell that'll fit a 1/10 nitro car http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?Call...amp;ItemID=1094. you have to make sure for nitro touring cars that the shell you get is 200mm. I think the fusion is the on on road 1/10 with a big block engine, but this has a .18 engine and hpi claim it'll do 50mph.

my bro was going to get a riot but my lhs said that they werwe designed to be as light as possible which meant that they were quite weak

i have a riot and its great very fast and light yer but its suprisingly stong even though i smashed the front of mine it was my fault coz i was into curbs and curbs and then had a funny landing but if you want to get somthing allong these lines the firestorm or mabe a savvy ?

my bro was going to get a riot but my lhs said that they werwe designed to be as light as possible which meant that they were quite weak

OOOOO

the riot's chassis is made from 4mm aluminium.

Most 1:8th scale competition buggie's chassis are only 3mm

OOOOO

the riot's chassis is made from 4mm aluminium.

Most 1:8th scale competition buggie's chassis are only 3mm

but what grade aluminium is it :P

i have only ever jumped the hyper on a road once and it ended in tears, but if he gets an on road car it will be going off-road (smooth dirt track kinda thing near my house)

besides, the focus rs is desighned for off-road rallying so the rc would be doing so :P will have a look at those hpi's