• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cant Decide Which

mad_m

I cant decide which truck to get as i am stuck between 2 the new lightening GTX2 or the 4.6 svagae, i know the savage you can put the 3 speed gear box and reverse on but i quite fancy the twin engined GTX2.

Does the bigtwin still allow you to have the 3 speed box and reverse cos that may just swing it, can u have the big twin with 2 x 4.6 engines on aswell cos i would love to do that as a project over the next few months.

Are there any advantages having the 2 engines?

Any advice or opinions would be a great help as im fairly new to monster trucks or should i stick to my buggies?

You could have the big twin conversion on the 4.6, with 2 collari .30's and the 3 speed, but it is just worth it. That'd set you back about 750 quid. Not worth it. Twin engined cars, they're not what they're cracked up to be. Very hard to tune. You probably know but having two engines doesn't make you go any faster, it'll give you more tourque but thats about it.

If I where you I'd get a savage 4.6, it's very fast, you can add more speed hop-ups if required. Well Savage for bashing, LSP for racing.

Thanks

While Twin engine sounds good, it's actually hard work... both of them has to work exactly as tuned. One engine gets misaligned, you will have crap power out of it.

The 4.6 firstly has a better engine, secondly, has strengthened parts all through the driveterrain, thirdly stronger brakes. Definatly worth getting the 4.6 over the 25.

Not forgetting those great dirtbonez!

Edited by waz

Well get a good steering servo, get a failsafe and a hump pack (battery). Apart from that you don't need a thing! When you drive it you may find things you need.

Thanks

Kiall is that yours?! What mods has it got, list please!

thats mine i have them all all the skid plate heat plate wishbones ,bumpers steering mounts , exhaust , dual disc brake every thing practilly

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3925 their all my cars

dazziu the purple rollover doesnt look right i have it sumwhere lol

Edited by kiall

microtech do the 25SS for £270, and the 4.6 kit for £341. is the 4.6 REALLY worth the extra £61??

the 25 rtr is £334 on microtechs site..but i doubt it comes with a high torque servo as std.....

say £50 for 2 servos, £20 for a reciever (i have a tx already) that takes the 2.5ss price to £340. would i be right in saying that the 2.5ss kit is a better option than the 2.5 rtr?