• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Futaba 3PM 2.4 Ghz

apostelnicu

Hi,

I have the Futaba 3GR system which also has ppm and hrs, im not exactly sure what they stand for but i use the std PPM mode, dont quote me on this but i think HRS stands for "High response servo's" all i know is, its only best to use it on HRS mode if you have digital servos's (hyper 7's dont)

Im sure someone will tell you the exact answer but Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

I have the Futaba 3GR system which also has ppm and hrs, im not exactly sure what they stand for but i use the std PPM mode, dont quote me on this but i think HRS stands for "High response servo's" all i know is, its only best to use it on HRS mode if you have digital servos's (hyper 7's dont)

Im sure someone will tell you the exact answer but Hope this helps. :)

I think this is it..... :-) I have digital servos cause i've changed the stock ones.

So with a 6V battery back i will be able to use the function. If only i could found what PPM stands for..... :blush:

Thanks a lot!

Yeah if you have "digital" servo's use the HRS mode. I tried putting it on HRS mode (with normal servo's) and it didnt like it at all, but for you i would run on HRS, then the fail safe system works as well! (if i remember right?)

p.s What are the digital servo's like? they should be really fast and responsive with the 2.4ghz :)

the servos respond in an instant....... this is really cool.

btw what receiver pack fits into the receiver box? i want to get a 6V pack and i don't know if they fit. would it be ok to get a stick pack and place it on

the plastic side guard?

I have a hyper 7 so my radio box is diffrent to yours on the hyper 8, my brother has a hyper 8.5 though (which im sure has the same radio box as the 8 pro) he has a hump pack, its a tight fit but it goes in, but you have a futaba receiver which will be smaller than the standard receiver so the hump pack will fit in nice. Dont by a stick pack these wont fit in the radio box.

Check that the 8.5 rtr and your hyper have the same radio box before you take my advise ;)

I have a hyper 7 so my radio box is diffrent to yours on the hyper 8, my brother has a hyper 8.5 though (which im sure has the same radio box as the 8 pro) he has a hump pack, its a tight fit but it goes in, but you have a futaba receiver which will be smaller than the standard receiver so the hump pack will fit in nice. Dont by a stick pack these wont fit in the radio box.

Check that the 8.5 rtr and your hyper have the same radio box before you take my advise ;)

PPM is Pulse Position Modulation where HRS is the High Response System. They are both digital but the HRS has a shorter pulse length so more sensetive.

tks for the advice!