• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HI everyone

Monstrous

Hi im new to the MSUK forum, but im not a total noob to forums, i am a member on maxbashing aswell ;) . anyway, i thought id introduce myself to you all.

Now ive got a few Q's, i am about to invest in an RC18T as my mini t bores me and is too much hassle :D , so here goes,

eventually i will want to install the mamba, but im not sure which setup to go for, can some of you give me you opinions on whichever setup you think is best for what, i will mainly be using my RC18T on my drive and on grass etc. so ideal setup would be...........?

my second question is, what is the RC18T like stock?? need any upgrades for durability?? although reading elsewhere i think i will invest in some CVD's.

Thanks for your time,

Monstrous

hi welcome to msuk forums hope you enjoy it here ;)

ohh RC18t well i not sure cos i own a mini T (not finnished yet)

ok mamba i would go for the 5400Kw or the 6 something lol

for grass use pined tyers would be your best bet

as for the stock i have no idea lol sure someone can help you there :D

cool thanks, i will use the stock tyres for grass and mud and buy some proline road rage's for on road coz' those stock tyres wont last long on tarmac, im thinking the 6800kv mamba would be best but im not 100% sure yet, also i heard there is no gear cover :D but there was a rumour that the factory team kit comes with a gear cover, can anyone clarify this?? ;)

Monstrous

welll i cant clarify it as such but im sure c0sie can the rc18t handles great in stock form apart from the usaual diff problem (easy sorted with a drop of super glue and a metal washer) only thing with mine that bugs me is like you said no gear cove around the pinion and spur and end up with damaged gears, athough i have seen a custom gear cover mod which im not to sure on if c0sie or tamyiacowboy has made hope that sotra helped and now over to c0sie or tc. oh btw happy bday

welcome Monstrous

hhhmmm not sure about the comment on the mini-t (i love the thing)

but youve changed my mind

its official people im not getting the mamba

i'll get an rc18t

cheers you made me realise all i do is flip it and sma**** in loads of tiny little pieces

*takes a breath,,,,,,,,,*

right. if your going to install a mamba there are afew things you NEED to do. if you fail to do these the chances are your rc18t will die a horrible, mamba-fied death.

the first thing you need to do is to shim your diff. you will need to take your chassis brace off totally and take your diffs out.

do one at a time.

the shims need to be 0.4mm thick, 8mm ID and 12mm OD. you will need one shim per diff..see the attached pic.

whilst youd diffs are out of the truck , you need to CA the D-rings within the diff assembly. undo the diffs fully and split them apart. each diff contains 2 D-rings you cant miss them.

take each on off and clean all grease etc off, and off the diff unit itself. CA them back in place and then ince dry, relube the surface that mates upto the diff gear.

do that for both diffs.

still with me?....good lad.

finally youll need a set iof these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

they go on your outdrives and will stop your outdrives from expanding and eventually cracking.

im currently running a factory team rc18t with a mamba 6800. set to extreme timing itll do OVER 35mph (thanks gribb0!! :wacko: )

if your definatly going to go off road id say get a 5400kv mamba. the rc18t will not really be able to tackl long grass so bear that in mind.

i have to use losi foams on my 18T as otherwise i get zilcho traction...a 5400 will probably be the better option..although saying that i have a 8000 mamba staring me in the face that i got through afew days ago..lol.

if you need anymore help pm me anytime

thanks c0sie, ive seen a second hand RC18T advertised with those brass outdrive's already fitted so might have a haggle with him

i plan on keeping it stock electronics until ive got enough for a mabma (probably 6800kv i think), apart from a 7 cell battery that ive got my eye on :lol: , also i was thinking of getting CVD's like the integy ones but i will have to look into that, i was a little lost with the D-rings as i have never opened up a ball diff before ;) , but apart from that i understood it :lol: , thanks again :D

Monstrous

dude, the D-ring thing is easy. pm me anytime and ill guide you through it mate.

wheres this rc18t advertised that your looking at?..

stock electrics are ok, but some people thing the standard esc is abit weak..and the brakes are useless...but overall the rc18t is awesome and i love it more than any rc ive owned!

advertised on another forum, i have mailed him and i shall make a decision this evening when my dad gets back. but he wants £100 for it, comes with new shell (and the stock one), the brass out drive things, new RPM spider wheels and bow tie tires might see if i can knock a tenner or so off that ;)

Monstrous

i will add you in a min, i've decided not to buy second hand and im soon going to have at least £200 so i was thinking of waiting until the model expo at the NEC and buying one there, they might have come down in price and i expect there will be loads of hop ups there aswell ;) and that way i have the comfort of knowing its new and untouched

Monstrous