• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

xray and rb c6 starting prob

thecosmicpimp

do i need a more powerful starter box?we started it by pushing it on the floor but no luck with the starter box .am going to heat it up now

started by pushing on floor? Sounds like the clutch is stuck/clutch shoes melted to me. I had the same problem with my truck. I filed them and it was fine.

I meant with the engine fitted , but not running. IF it freewheels OK with engine fitted then its just very very tight. My Go engine was the same. Put a flat ended scredriver on the flywheel and bang the end of the screwdriver with your hand to return the piston to BDC(bottom dead centre) , then try again. Keep heating the engine with a hairdryer on max setting while doing this and loosed the glowplug a fraction and dont overprime the engine with fuel.

Took me 2.5 hrs of this just to get mine running , but it was mad tight.

If it doesnt freewheel with the engine fitted then the clutch if inproperly fitted or catching on the bell as someone suggested earlier.

The clutch bell should spin freely if the engine has been removed from the buggy, whether its new or not. I would expect the flywheel to be tight as its new. Do what I said with the screwdriver to sort that. But there is no point until you resolve the clutch issue.

no it was a bit tight just took the clutch off and the fly wheel is still realy tight .is it just the engine m8 being new

then ur clutch is naffed mate. id reccomend taking it off and having a look.

sounds like a badly shimed clutch to me

a badly shimed clutch will cause excessive preasure on the conrod/bearings and cause fast wear on the conrod bushing i really dont understand why newbies buy pro engines when they dont know how to run them in the C6 is possibly the hardest engine there is on the market to break in

i highly recomed you take your time or you will kill a £300 engine ..

If the clutch is sorted the rest is downhill from here m8. Follow my previous instructions on getting it sorted

have you ever broke in a RB C6 mate there is no downhill with these engines they are a real pain to start untill you get to about a gallon

pimp your kit choice is possibly one of these kits on the market if not xray i would recomed the losi i cant fault you on your decission of kit :)

as for your engine choice the C6 is a scary powerfull engine almost to powerfull as there is really no throttle curve its balls out or nothing :( not fun to drive atall but if you can get the hang of how it feels and performs then its a killer in the right hands but thats a hard point to get to

personly if i was you mate i would put that RB on the shelf and get yourself a "CHEEP" learning engine if you can afford it cause i am sure you wont be to happy if you kill a £300 engine

if you look in the for sale thread there is a guy selling a RB WS72 (under hyper 7 for sale) these are very good engines and i am sure he will sale it cheep so you can abuse the engine and get used to tuening it this means you will have some experiance when you get around to breaking in you C6 and you wont make newbie mistakes and blow it up

just a recomdation m8

have you ever broke in a RB C6 mate there is no downhill with these engines they are a real pain to start untill you get to about a gallon

Yup , I did my mates with him. Yes it was as tight as a ducks bum for a good while , but as I correctly stated, if the basics are right the rest is pretty straightforward

However i also concur that they are not a newbie engine.