• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

addvice needed

smiithy1

hi all last time i had my copy baja out i was running it i the street out side my house very small and i was keep tapping the throttle and after about 15 mins it stalls is it coz im keep tapping the throttle

but my main problem is that today i have went to take it out for a run but she wont start i put her on the garden table turned on remote and reciver and then checked steering and throttle and brakes were ok so i pushed the choke into the vertical position and give it a few pulls untill it fired and then put the choke back to in the normal postion and i gave her a few pulls and she rawed to life but it was only for a second or two and the she died so i pushed the primer bulb a few times and tryed again and it done the same so its still on the table as i think i have flooded it but what do you think as im realitvy new to these petrol cars

a quick reply would be grate

hi you guys are all wrong i just took the plug out dryed it with hair dryer for a min or so and the gave a few pulls on the starter but to be fair to you guys i thought i had blown the plug aalso when i had he out after i got her running when i hit full throttle for a few time for around 5 to 6 seconds she starts to bog and i neet to keep giving bleeps on the throttle to stop hes staling do any needles need turning

I would put both the needle back to factory settings wich are 1 1/4 out on the lo speed and 1 1/2 on the high speed.To put it back to factory,screw the screws in until they stop and then undo them the rite amount of turns just like you would on a nitro.The high needle is the left one and the lo the right one as you look at them.These engines only need small adjustments from factory settings so dont go crazy and move the needles to much.Hope that helps a bit.

hi you guys are all wrong i just took the plug out dryed it with hair dryer for a min or so and the gave a few pulls on the starter but to be fair to you guys i thought i had blown the plug aalso when i had he out after i got her running when i hit full throttle for a few time for around 5 to 6 seconds she starts to bog and i neet to keep giving bleeps on the throttle to stop hes staling do any needles need turning

Why are you having to dry the plug? Sounds to me if that is the case that your settings are incorrect as there is excess fuel in the chamber - reset back to factory and changfe your plug mate.

We had a similar problem with our new FG it kept fouling out plugs turned out i had put just a little too much 2 stroke oil in the petrol, i binned the juice got the mix right and its been great ever since

also i have put my engine back to stock settings high and low needle and also put new plug in and its fine also the old plug is still working as i have tryed that aswell i must of turned the needles to much and it just messed up now it should be running mint will try it tomorra i tryed it in the back garden and it seems fine