• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Original Nokia Phone Parts?

yoclick

Hi,

Im in need of a black keypad for my Nokia N80. However i dont know which ones are real and which are copies on ebay. I know 100% sure that the copies are USELESS so I definatly need an original part. Could anyone link me to a reputable online seller? Found a store in town (Norwich) which are offering the keypad for £15 fitted, which i think is too dear tbh.

Many Thanks

Cheers arris,

Yeah saw that site but wasnt sure if it would be a genuine keypad. They also have the full black version for around £7 with £3 p&p = £10. Fitting isnt a problem, i've just recently fully striped it down to change the housing from silver to black (hence the need for a keypad!). Also been doing minor mods to sort out the horrible slider on them. Unfortunatly the housing i got came with a copy keypad which is awfull. I complained and got sent 2 more keypads, both different copies and both dreadfull aswell!

ah yeah the slider is abit rough on them..

i have one somewhere i couldnt tell you where,

sliding it compared to my u600 is mental!

jus seen a full black housing for my u600 on there but doesnt seem to have the full back so may look odd ;)

I've got a u600 aswell lol!

Only going back to the N80 for wifi and symbian. Im finding the u600 too basic after a symbian phone. But the samsung definatly feels much better built and the slider on it is soo silky smooth that i keep hanging up on people!

u600 in black sound very nice but im not sure the blue back would blend well ;)

Surely samsung wouldnt sell the front cover AND the battery cover together? Also i've never heard of Nokia selling *brown* N80 keypads? This is why im about dubious about that site...

Edited by yoclick

Apparently you cant buy direct from nokia... :(

Theres one on ebay for £9.50 shipped which seems fairly legit, so im going to go for them. If it turns out to be a copy i'll just return it. But they state they apparently buy from the main distributors and seem like a proper phone repair company!

Wish me luck :)

Hi,

Im in need of a black keypad for my Nokia N80. However i dont know which ones are real and which are copies on ebay. I know 100% sure that the copies are USELESS so I definatly need an original part. Could anyone link me to a reputable online seller? Found a store in town (Norwich) which are offering the keypad for £15 fitted, which i think is too dear tbh.

Many Thanks

if you hang on and i may get one from work if its not to much metal on them as we have a metal loop as i work in anovo on valcan road north. if not i will see if my mate has one local and i will be happy to fit free of charge.

if you hang on and i may get one from work if its not to much metal on them as we have a metal loop as i work in anovo on valcan road north. if not i will see if my mate has one local and i will be happy to fit free of charge.

That sounds excellent. Wont bother you with fitting, I should be ok with that. Well the one i've ordered is coming tomorrow/monday and if its not original i will get into contact with you mate if thats ok?

Cheers again doom :)

PS Didnt realise you worked so close, ok well a 15minute drive lol. I've been going past asda for the past 3 days straight (vulcan road north is near-ish to it, isnt it?).

Edited by yoclick

That sounds excellent. Wont bother you with fitting, I should be ok with that. Well the one i've ordered is coming tomorrow/monday and if its not original i will get into contact with you mate if thats ok?

Cheers again doom :)

PS Didnt realise you worked so close, ok well a 15minute drive lol. I've been going past asda for the past 3 days straight (vulcan road north is near-ish to it, isnt it?).

yeah it is very close anovo is just a BIG blue building.

Wahey recieved the keypad today and it was definatly genuine Nokia! Finally a keypad that works :lol: . Bought it from a company called First2Save on ebay just incase others are looking for genuine phone parts (they have a wide range of parts).

Really appreciate the offer doom, but it seems like im sorted now, thanks :good:

• 1 month later...

Easy to change mate. Google N80 dissasembly. I used a vid i found on youtube but dont think its on there anymore. Heres a link "how to" dismantle it half way, the rest is just easy screw removal:

http://www.formymobile.co.uk/n80lcd.htm

The housing i bought was a full housing for about a tenner. Cant remember who i bought it off but was pretty much identical THIS ONE. But i would recommend buying another genuine keypad.

Regarding the slider - basically when you dismantle it you will notice rails on the casing of the "lower part of the phone", which the "upper part of the phone" slides on. The rails are basically a tad too wide so its not a tight fit. What i did was using a plastic CD wallets, i cut very fine strips of plastic and i placed 1 strip on each rail. They were attached by sandwiching them between the phone and rail when you screw the rails in. This minor decrease in width made all the difference.

Sorry if that made little sense, im not very good at explaining! But when you dismantle the phone, you'll get the gist of it!