• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I broke it already - Hyper 7 - 3 days old

Cog Head

i went out with my twin mates who both got nitro cars, lightening i thing there called.

yeh i went to my local co op carpack, i tuned it and its running mint, uber fast.

but i went and hit a raised (only like 200mm) curb and this ripped the zip tie that was holding my battery pack on, which killed all the power and therefore disabling the fail safe <_< i went full tilt into a curb at an angle n this slowed it down for it to nicly nestly in a bush (sent the twins in to get it), so i re-connected the battery and gafa taped it back on n went for another blitz about, then i turned hard and the battery was ounce again disconnectet, at this time i was giving it WOT, so then again the servo for the throttle was wide open, it went screaming into a full raised curb, sent over that one, over soem grass, did a jump, landed on some tarmack n them hammered into another curb which flipped it ofer and resulted in the car revving it nuts off big time the poor thing was screaming, upon inspecting the dammage, i noticed that the end of the little pin that holds the front left swing arm on had sheered off the end with the gidgeon clip on, but it was solid so i wasnt too concerned about that but more about my exhaust which was kinda hanging off the engine n in a wierd position and battery which had no cables coming out of it :(

so we went ot mine to solder the cables back on, and off we went again, didnt crash it this time, i got a grip of the controlls. but this is where the problems started to kick in, the engine had lost 2 of its 4 engine/heatsink bolts that hold it to the chassis, which twisted the engine, which dis engaged the gears, which put an end to my fun :(

ow and i think iv bent my chassis at the front just after the bar that goes accross the chassis holfing tall the front bits on, duno if its ment to be there cus its a strait bend.

so it looks like im going to have a fun day tomorrow...ordering parts too !

here are some pics i took with my phone(sorry about the quality, there not thaty bad really)

front shell mounts cant be reached cus of the engine being out of position

image069ls9.jpg

engine out of position against the shell

image070vb3.jpg

Nice n Dirty

image072vr6.jpg

Broken Pin thing on the left

image074et2.jpg

How the end of the pin should look

image075dd6.jpg

Bodged battery pack

image076xs5.jpg

Disengaged Gears

image081an6.jpg

Whats left of my bumper

image080qa5.jpg

Sonthing missing ?

image079ht9.jpg

Dinged zorst

image083pl0.jpg

Im fairly sure my front wheels where off when i got it

image085iw4.jpg

tis just an excuse to take it to bits, and buy lots of new things.

can anyone tell me what the metal pin things called or give me a ling ot it on the model sport site plezie?

do i need special screws for the engine mounts?

im guna buy a huge battery pack :D

i think i can correct the front wheels being off a little bit.

ow yeah and why was it understeering so damn much, and how can i stop it

kinda the same thing happened to my mate.......he hit a kerb...the battery flew out and the car went straight into a kerb. His chassis was bent and by the looks of it yours is to.

You need to strip everything down and have a look at that chassis. You might be able to straighten it back out.

You need to look after your toys!!!!! :D

Euan

I DID Say in the other topic - DONT go WOT

but securing a battery pack in is a little bit of a task - but 2 mins work works a treat :)

As the chassis - it naturally has a slight UP nose curve for the front diff :)

But the stock screws aint big enough

The JE spares screw kit allows you to have longer screws in the front :)

But you've done basically what i did once....

You've nocked a few screws THATS IT :)

Ziggy

it souinds so much better when you say it like that :whistling:

it is....

Put the engine back in right - mesh will need to be done

Then the shell will fit in properly

Just Use the square battery box that u get with the hyper to tie the hump pack to it securly :)

Ziggy

will do, but whats the little pin called?

under closer inspection on the chassis, i think its ment to be how it is, theres no stress marks or lines, ill still have a better look when its in pices..

Trust me

The chassis is flat from rear to near front

The front has about a 15 - 25ish deg Angle UP

To allow for better steering :)

As the pins - the pictures aren't clear enough for me to tell

Im no hyper expert - not as much as the rush evo as i used to be

Ziggy

no thats all it is, ill try get my digi cam going tomorrow and take some good pics, all it is a slight bend, looks like its been pressed that way to me...

my shopping list for tomorrow is as follows.....

Hyper 7 clear body shell and decals

Black polycarbonate paint

Ho-bao screw set

Ho-bao m4x10 & m4x8 screw bag

set of sand tyres on wheels

shock socks

Tyre glue

Glow ingnition stick

High torque sreeting servo

and one of the pins i broke

god know hos i broke it, its hidden behind the freekin bumper... :shockingscary:

offroad cars should stay offroad, crashes in parking lots are too bad they cause alot more damage than they should do and cosmetically ruin your car.

On a fielkd u only get half the damage......and no curbs :P

i dont think soo....

From the piks - its right under the drive cups yes?

So as cew said a LOWER Hinge pin for the front

If you look in your manual i find the code 87033

THATS IF you are using the TQ :)

if its that other version.... just look in the manual to find the code - its pretty easy to indicate what's where :)

offroad cars should stay offroad, crashes in parking lots are too bad they cause alot more damage than they should do and cosmetically ruin your car.

On a fielkd u only get half the damage......and no curbs :P

PMSL!

Very True :)

But tarmac gives sumet better grip :lol:

But i' run my Offroads on the road :D

Ziggy