• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HGK Optimus GP Spares & Alloy Parts

Gazray4699

Hello,

I'm in touch with a CNC workshop who makes parts for the Aowei Yamabuggy and I've recently been toying with asking them to machine replacement parts for the DHK series of buggies. They're slightly smaller and I've been told they'll be trickier to make and therefore likely a little more expensive. After doing some research, I found you can get replacement suspension arms for them for about £5 a part - whereas I'd be looking between £20-50 for alloy parts.

What I'm wanting to know is, is it worth asking them to make these parts? The buggy is fairly cheap, there's a fair few out there and after some strengthening, would they be a better buggy for it? They've also asked for a list of which parts tend to break the easiest so they know what to strengthen.

So what I'm asking is - anyone out there own a DHK buggy and like them? Would you pay that kind of money for anodised parts? I can ask them to make them for me but they're only really interested if others want them too. What parts do you find tend to break?

Gareth