• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Break In Complete, Time to Tune!

AJP

Great morning in the sun with the Carnage! 

One 10 minute blast from the SkyRC engine heater and it fired up within 10 pulls 😎 1st accomplishment of the session!

Then after all that turnbuckle twizzling, the very dramatic pull to the right has reduced to a very slight pull to the right under hard acceleration. 2nd accomplishment! 

Finally completed the break in phase and moved onto tuning. Very pleased with myself 🤣

So this is how my tuning went.

1. Lots of blue smoke on full throttle runs but Does not feel boggy at all... never stalled since I've bought it.  Temps on glow plug about 120/130'F

Kept leaning HSN until it was too fast for my car park!lol... checked glow plug temp and it was 150/160F. However around the glow plug (4 screw heads) temp was 210/220F... so I stopped leaning HSN.....

Question: can I ignore the 200+ temps as my glow plug temp was well under 200F?? 

Question: I'm 3.5 anticlockwise turns from fully screwed in HSN. Is this normal? Or should I be closer to fully screwed in HSN. (Struggled to explain this question lol) 

2. I then moved onto LSN.... any adjustment I do to this needle I get a 'chattering' noise when I come off throttle. I remember seeing this in a youtube but I can't remember which one. LSN is 2.5 anticlockwise turns out from fully screwed in. 

Question: what causes the chattering? Maybe HSN is too rich still? I don't know 😕 🤷 

Looking forward to hearing your answers as I've got another 2 hour session tomorrow 🥳😎😁

Thanks,

Antony

Edited by AJP
  • Like 1

• AJP changed the title to (Wrong section) Break In Complete, Time to Tune!
  • AJP changed the title to Break In Complete, Time to Tune!