• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ESC for dual 540 motors

kwik_uk

Hi guys, hoping you can help. 

my dad got in touch with me to ask about RC electronics as he knows I've been bashing and racing for many years. 

He's bought a large RC boat at auction and needs motors and an ESC. It's a four motor setup, with four props. I was thinking I could use two ESCs, one for each motor pair. Steering isn't "tank steering ", but rather by twin rudder.  This boat is powered by a 12v gel cell like what's in a starter box. 

Anyone know of a reasonable ESC that'll do 2x or even 4x motors together? They'd just be big standard 540 cans from the likes of Tamiya 

many thanks,

Mark

1 minute ago, Alfie amey said:

There is a hobbywing dual motor brushed esc that would be perfect, i think it goes up to 4s lipo

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-quicrun-0880-dual-motor-brushed-esc-80a-waterproof-440053

What type of boat is it?  Doesn't sound like it's a fast (speed boat) if it's got a 12v battery. If so, you wouldn't need a high amp esc. Maybe the hobbywing  one would be OK.

You could try asking on "Model boat mayhem " for more information mate 👍 

I do sometimes wonder why!!!!

Edited by Yorkshireman