• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gears

10.3speederkn

I have a scx10 iii and want more speed out of it does anyone know if I can put the ryft transmission 2 speed in it? Maybe with the bow house 3 gear transmission adapter or some customization to the skid plate? Any ideas for this would be great! Still has portals so I thing low gear would be fine for crawling. 

Sorry I have no experience of this I can give you..

Generally anything is possible, just depends upon how much engineering you want to do....

Personally I would just up the size of the pinion first, if not then buy a faster motor. You could also if your electronics allow go up a cell count battery wise - ie 2S to 3 or 3 to 4S.  Or as mentioned above if you can stretch to it get a brushless set up which can offer a larger parameter of speed....

Oh, also, if you are running portals you could overdrive them both for more speed also.... But ideas mentioned already are better...

You can make the scx10iii transmission 2 speed already, but rc 2 speed trans missions usually have a lot of play so they move awkwardly on rocks. 

Personally I like using the Castle Mamba X  esc with a Holmes Hobbies 2200kv puller pro motor, then if you want more speed just use a 6s battery. It has a great slow speed, and on 6s it has enough punch to destroy....anything connected to it, so turn the punch down.