• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi everyone

fumiyasu

Hi,

Lurked on the forum a little as I was researching for a RC crawler for my little boy and ended up with a SCX24.

I've always been into cars and have worked for two manufacturers in fact but for some reason never got into RC when I was little. So anyway, this little crawler as well as the lock down kind of sucked me into the hobby. So far a lot cheaper than my 1:1 projects and so much less bruised knuckles/swearing....

This little scx24 now has a brush less motor and loads of metal bits and I now also have a losi lasernut!

I am generally into crawlers as I also do a little 1:1 off roading with my Defender, so now looking build myself a 1:10 scale crawler.

I am fairly set on an element enduro  kit with solid axles but not decided on the shell yet. It seems to me most of the market is catering for the US with loads of American trucks but they all feel a bit silly to me being in the UK. Naturally, a defender would be a good choice but since I have a 1:1, I want this to be something I don't have. Current thinking Unimog or a LC70. Also wanting something like a G class wolf or professional but I don't think anyone does that as a shell.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

• Like 1

welcome to the forum glad you and your kid also enjoy the scx24, i havent done much to mine the light green pick up truck shell one, except preloaded the shocks a bit to make em stiffer with some nitro fuel tubing, got any pics of your hopped up one? 🙂

• Like 1