• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Panda Tetra X2T Mini (1/18 Crawler) First Impressions

Rebel158

Recently took a punt on this cute little Panda Tetra X2T Mini 1/18 crawler and so far, I'm very impressed.

I briefly owned an FTX  Outback Mini 3.0, followed by an Axial SCX24 (Deadbolt) during gthe original lockdown, and although my favourite of the two was the Axial I soon grew bored of it (I'm not a crawler kinda guy, and this was my first foray into crawlers) To be fair this scale, and below are not exactly the most capable of machines, so unfair to compare with their larger 1/10+ sibblings, although they do have their place and they are lots of fun around an indoor or small garden course/trail.

Then one of these little bad boys came up for sale, brand new on the forum and I though why not. The reviews and spec looked great at full price (I paid much less) but first impressions are that it is more capable and of a better build quality than the SCX24! The kit comes with a multi point wrench tool, allen key, decorative wheel hubs, shiock spring spacers in varying sizes (to fine tune the suspension) spare body clips, a sticker sheet,  a 700mah battery pack, a USB charger, and the controller.  The plastics lookm and feel sturdy and tge main chassis frame is fabricated from aluminium. I beleive that the wheels also come pre weighted. That's a huge spec out of the box, and for the price (approx £130 retail)

The controller has 3 speed settings, and also allows you switch the led headlights and roofbar lights on and off. It even has rear tail and reverse lights! Setup is simple and you're pretty much up and running out of the box following a quick charge. I was quite impressed at how much throttle control is available, and you really can 'craaaaaaaaawl' with this little car. Whack it up to speed 3, squeeze the throttle and you're rewarded with a faster than walking pace charge. It's pretty quick for what it is.

A few pics below. The last pic shows it climbing quite a steep and smooth bit of wooden decking. It took me a few attempts to line it up just right and give it the right amount of throttle to power it up and up it went!

20210316_143433.jpg

20210316_143454.jpg

20210316_143621.jpg

20210316_144612.jpg

20210316_144048.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...