• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro fuel.

wilber

yes you can, just put the needle back to factory settings, and let the engine idle for 1 or 2 tanks of the new fuel, drive it around for 1 tank using half throttle, then you can tune it up, realy your engine will be almost totaled by now anyway, as the low nitro% and the high oil% in it can easily kill a engine, its like running the engine too lean.

tbh i'm surprised you managed to start it at all on 16% :shockingscary:

You serious??? What do you mean by totaled? Have I screwed my engine up now and why would the guy in the hobby shop give me that fuel to run it in, surely he knows what he is doing. It was very easy to start my engine with 16%, what are you on about? I tried so hard to do everything properly, the last thing i want is to have to buy a new engine, surely 16% couldnt do that much damage, if it could they would make it clear in the manual not to use 16%

Edited by xtract

first no i'm not kidding

by totaled i mean not working like it should at this point

it quite posible that you have screwed it up slightly, but you could be able to save it

the guys at lhs rarly know anything worth while, at the end of the day they need to make money, and if that means telling people the wrong thing then they will

.28 engine are meant to run on 20% nitro and more using lower means there is alot of oil in the engine and this can clog up and seize up the engine, its like getting 20% and running it very rich.

i should run in a engine on the fuel you intend on useing through out its life (for exapmle i plan on running my hyper on 25%, so my break in was done using the 25% fuel i am going to use :) )

best to brake it in on 25% cos then u can always run lower amounts whereas if u ran it on 16% u would not meant to run anything else on it, i have had 25% through my K4.6 for about 10 liters, now i am near the end of using 20% and tbh i have not seen much difference except the fact that O'Donnell's fuel is alot more oily than tornado.

I would advocate breaking in an engine using the fuel you intend to run it on, just richen it up to get more oil through. The worst you can do by breaking in incorrectly is score the piston and sleeve. New complete Mach .28 engines are selling on ebay for less than a piston and sleeve alone.