• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Video transmitter issues

Ben.

Hi

One year ago I purchased a drone kit off ebay, after few long months I finally put together my racing drone which flies extremely well. The kit which I purchased included FPV, and for the past few months I've been trying to get it working.

The video transmitter which was included is called Tarot 5.8g 7086 48ch video transmitter. I have been able to pickup a signal from my fpv headset, however the video quality is so bad that I can't even recognize what I am looking at, the video is full off white stuttering lines. Whenever I take it out for a flight it can't even pickup any video signal. 

I've tried direct connection instead of connecting it through flight controller board which made no difference. I've also tried different antennas, also tried resisters which all made no difference.

The fpv googles which I am using is Mini FPV 3 inch double display 5.8g 40ch which are unbranded.

Is it possible that the quality of the components is what is causing the issue?

If you need any photos of the wiring and the components please let me know, your help would be much appreciated.

8 hours ago, Ben. said:

Hi

One year ago I purchased a drone kit off ebay, after few long months I finally put together my racing drone which flies extremely well. The kit which I purchased included FPV, and for the past few months I've been trying to get it working.

The video transmitter which was included is called Tarot 5.8g 7086 48ch video transmitter. I have been able to pickup a signal from my fpv headset, however the video quality is so bad that I can't even recognize what I am looking at, the video is full off white stuttering lines. Whenever I take it out for a flight it can't even pickup any video signal. 

I've tried direct connection instead of connecting it through flight controller board which made no difference. I've also tried different antennas, also tried resisters which all made no difference.

The fpv googles which I am using is Mini FPV 3 inch double display 5.8g 40ch which are unbranded.

Is it possible that the quality of the components is what is causing the issue?

If you need any photos of the wiring and the components please let me know, your help would be much appreciated.

have they been powered up without a antenna  as that will fry it  also do you have the right antenna on both parts (if your using aftermarket ones)

even a poor quality setup will work good at a short distance.  so your issue could be on the wrong channel or not compatible

Edited by turok007

Thank you for your response it helped alot. I believe the issue is most likely that I have fried my video transmitter, although I still receive some video when I'm sitting at home without engaging the motors, although it's very bad.

Is my best option to purchase a new video transmitter? If that is the case would you be able to recommend me any good ones?

• Like 1

On 06/02/2021 at 22:39, Ben. said:

Thank you for your response it helped alot. I believe the issue is most likely that I have fried my video transmitter, although I still receive some video when I'm sitting at home without engaging the motors, although it's very bad.

Is my best option to purchase a new video transmitter? If that is the case would you be able to recommend me any good ones?

not been into fpv for a while.  but in the UK the legal limit for TX power is very low.  so we are not going to get anything that good.  Your best bet is use one of the UK drone forums   also show some pictures of you whole set up.  Just be warned that paying huge amount might not get you perfect picture.   i had the top of the range fat shark setup.  and even on my RC car  it would go fuzzy just going round my small garden.