• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another new member joins the ranks

Hi all, another new member here. I trust everyone is managing to stay safe and well during the pandemic. 

This site is one of the main reasons I got back into RC after a 30 year hiatus. What started as owning one model (2wd Traxxas Slash) has now become a garage of 15 including what I consider my ultimate RC - Losi5T.

This site and its members have been a continual source of advice/guidance as I want to upgrade any of my models/encounter issues or for just general info when looking to buy stuff (eg accessories like batteries).

I have, at the age of (over 40 ) finally joined a club near me and started racing. Only competed in one race so far. I've gone for the 'entry level' class...'Tamiya' rumning TT01 chassis...the reaspn being to keep costs down, but still have fun. 

Finally thought I'd join this site as I was looking some guidance someone has posted about TT01 race prep/set-up ages ago...and thought, instead of always 'taking' why not join and help others with the little bit of experience I have got over the last 3 years. 

Not brand loyal. My cars range from FTX Kanyon & Mini-Outback 2.0, to Maverick Strada rtr drift car, to 4 Traxxas models, 2 Tamiyas and a Losi 5T amongst others...only 3 of them were brought brand new. Majority were all second hand. 

Looking forward to learning more from everyone and continuing to enjoy the RC hobby.

20181227_120756.jpg

20191129_101417.jpg

IMG_20190730_111628_759.jpg

FB_IMG_1563667203267.jpg

20191228_151957.jpg

20200616_104303.jpg