• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbywing 1060 / 1080

B3ll-Matt

Forgive me, im a novice here...

Wondering if any of you knowlegable folk could advise if there is a benefit from upgrading a HW 1060 ESC to a 1080?

Would it have any negative effect on any other electrical parts or is there any compatibility issues to be aware of when upgrading an ESC?

Forgive me, im a novice here...
Wondering if any of you knowlegable folk could advise if there is a benefit from upgrading a HW 1060 ESC to a 1080?
Would it have any negative effect on any other electrical parts or is there any compatibility issues to be aware of when upgrading an ESC?

This should help with your question6e9ebfe974ac3a7b22513c4b8f25e504.jpg

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Possibly a stupid question, but the 1080 is only says rock crawler - does this mean it isnt going to work properly on say a 1/10 TC, even if the motor is within turn and max RPM limits?

7 hours ago, B3ll-Matt said:

Thanks @Gampla, does the BEC output just mean that the servo will get access to higher voltage from the 1080 then?

yes the 1080 can provide higher voltage to your servos, providing the servos support high voltage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Bear in mind the 3a limit on the bec. A lot of the beefier servos will want more hence the usual castle bec found in many crawlers as you can get 10a on the cheaper castle bec emoji106.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So my current Savox servo uses 6v, my kid just runs it in the garden and trails in combo with the 1060.  Would a BEC improve the running of the car?

Edited by B3ll-Matt