• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Atom part needed

Hi,  I am in need of a tiny little gear that fits on the motor that controls forward and backward on the Heliguy Atom - I think its part number 17 on the parts list but I cant find anyway to source one, or confirm the size spec to source generic - or where to source a generic. Any help really appreciated. Happy to buy an old Atom off someone has one lying around. 

For info, as I am aware this is an old cheap model and hence probably due a new one anyway,  my kids are at home and my eldest girl has taken an interest in RC since she found my old boxed up Atom and a nicer 3D number I have never got off the ground (hurray!!! I thought I was going to have to wait for my boy to get old enough!). Since then she has been asking to fly them. We tried to charge up the old Atom lipos but they weren't having it. So we ordered and waited for new Lipos. Patience is not her strong point but each day she asked and after about a week they arrived.  A test flight or two by me to remind myself and try and put it in the easier mode, then as I was explaining the controls to her moving it around the ground I released something wasn't right. A quick look underneath and I could see the gear was missing, She was gutted and I promised to get it fixed - foolish of me!

If anyone out there has a spare Atom, or knows where to get the little gear or  . . . . . failing that, whats the best similar easy to fly outdoor device for a beginner available now? It will pain me to buy something else as we try to encourage her to fix and repair stuff not just buy new.  She is only 7 but is very logical and follows instruction pretty well. 

Thanks for any help. 

Cheers

M

Just by coincidence, I've been doing some sorting out this weekend and came across my old Atom. Mine unfortunately has a broken flybar after  its last ill fated flight. As you you've probably also discovered Heliguy no longer sell helis, and no spares. A bit of Googling led me to this thread. I've been doing a bit of digging, and got lucky after searching heli flybar on ebay and came across a flybar which looks the same as the Atom. Following a bit of googling, it seems the Atom is also known as a JP Mini Twister. Whether thats the only other name I don't know, but it may be worth  a mooch about and try to find the bit you need. It's too late now, but tomorrow after work I will check to see if the flaybar is the same as mine, if it is I'll get one ordered. Similar to yourself, it would be nice if I could get it flying to show my 4yr old boy. Good luck with the search.

ETA I got it a bit wrong, its other name seems to be Twister Mini Sport.

Edited by gazzarose