• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ethanol glow fuel

hawksquawks

Evening all so after many years being into the RC hobby i have decided to start the venture into nitro not planned just happened due to a hong nor lx2 coming into my possession. anyway I am looking into alternative fuels , the one that jumps out at me the most is Bio ethanol fuel, for research so far it appears people have had success with this with little changes to the engine is this true? the reason I and interested in ethanol I can pick this up at my local store pretty cheap. I want to mix my own fuel ideally methanol free  due to how nasty this stuff is.  can anyone cue me on any guides on mixing such fuels. here in the UK it appears you need a licence to but pure nitro also.  While browsing youtube I did find this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07dKK_c6PQ8 tho I cannot confirm if his mixture is faked of not    

Never heard of anybody mixing their own fuel TBH. I guess the tricky bit would be getting the correct oil content in the mix, these nitro's need just enough oil to run without grenading itself - too much and it'll run like a dog if at all!

Let us know how you get on :good:

31 minutes ago, J.K said:

Never heard of anybody mixing their own fuel TBH. I guess the tricky bit would be getting the correct oil content in the mix, these nitro's need just enough oil to run without grenading itself - too much and it'll run like a dog if at all!

Let us know how you get on :good:

There is someone on the  nitro rc enthusiast facebook page that regularly makes his own fuel called luke shaw. Its pretty easy and he's helped other make it

31 minutes ago, B4D TEMP3R 303 said:

There is someone on the  nitro rc enthusiast facebook page that regularly makes his own fuel called luke shaw. Its pretty easy and he's helped other make it

That's awesome, never heard of it! Just always bought it pre-made. Fair play!